1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfords Trade Card

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jul 29, 2018.

1. You shouldn't have been snapping 1/2" kit with 156nm so something wrong there. If it's a Halfords Advanced 1/2" breaker bar it's either an older one (that *may* have had excessive load previously and been weakened - not saying that *is* the case but thinking about "what if" scenarios) or isn't an Advanced. You should be able to exchange it without quibble as long as you've not abused the thing though (and in fairness to Halfords - I've abused stuff in the past and they've just rolled their eyes and given me a new one, just like Snap-On would).

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. I appreciate I sound like a massive Halfords apologist in this thread. I'm not affiliated with them beyond having a trade card thanks to this forum. I'm actually a huge Snap-On fan and used to pretty much exclusively bankrupt myself and undermine my ability to live like a sane human by buying their gear when I was on my tools. Some kit is just "better" from Snap-On (flank drive spanners and sockets, better screwdriver bite from their tips and whatnot) but for the vast majority and especially now I'm just a hobbyist the Halfords Advanced range more than does the job.

Don't get me wrong, Halfords don't half sell some tat, but for tools, cleaning equipment, servicing parts and stuff like oils or bulbs they often come up cheaper than my EuroCarParts trade account when using their trade card.

The £15 to support the forum is well worth it, and you stand to get back a HUGE return on that if you use the trade card. I reckon even buying de-icer and screenwash it'll pay for itself. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I paid to support the forum, rather than worry about Halfords. I have studied the email again and they obviously believe that I have possession of the card. Why they should think that, I have no idea. The imaginary card will not save me a penny. anyway. I would rather support local businesses.

4. Great saving that. :upyeah:

I've been using that tool box set for a while and I'm well pleased with it. :yum

IMG_5674.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. At this stage in the conversation I rather suspect that if I gave you a big bag of gold you'd complain that it was heavy... :kissing_heart:

It's great that you're willing to support the forum, many are not as generous unless there's something for them in return (as if the forum wasn't a value in itself). Members are very geographically dispersed so a discount with a national retailer seems sensible, and the forum team have negotiated something with a good recurring value for supporting members. Bravo them. :upyeah:

If you've received an email from Halfords, then instead of getting in a knot about it then just PM Terry or Rob and ask their advice. Others have also had some delays in receiving their cards but that's usually just a timing thing. If you don't want to use it because of your shopping preferences then nobody will mind, and if you stick it in your wallet then there might come a day it's of use to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Garage envy... :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I was simply pointing out a very confusing email from Halfords. I apologise for questioning it and not not being a more frequent shopper at Halfords. I will ensure that I give due reverence to my remaining Halfords tools, in future. I apologise without reservation and will never question anything regarding Halfords again. I will try to ensure that local traders get nothing and I shop more at Halfords - even without discount for they must not be questioned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I think you think you're funnier than you are. :neutral:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Good lad. Parity has once again been restored to the universe. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mr Perry we are very precious about our Halfords card and won’t tolerate any bad mouthing of it :blush::p

I’m sure your card will be along in the post shortly till then just enjoy your strange email :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. If you don't have one, you are against them. Expect a DB drubbing any minute now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I have better things to do than sit on the forum and follow every word on - oh, wait, you did this one already didn't you!

Oh, well ... I've been busy. There was a thing, I did a thing, things were good.

• Funny Funny x 1

13. Been busy at Halfords
    :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Busy jibber jabbering elsewhere :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Thanks to Rob for sorting me out with a refund. Top service and I promise to never, ever mention the word Hal...... pweh, stopped myself!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. So you've "unsupported" the forum?... and then posted thanks for this, in the forum you've just withdrawn support from...

[​IMG]

It's a strange world in which we live.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. No, I have given up my support for Hal... not the forum.

18. No, your are right. My impression was that I was being demoted from a £15 subscriber to a £5 one. Obviously not.

19. Hi, i renewed my card and the payment shows done on 24th June, how long till the card arrives, IIRC the alst one turned up about 3 days after payment?

20. You keep the same card on re subscription I did

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information