1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamilton Spoiler!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arquebus, Nov 6, 2020.

1. I mean really, that bothers you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. As above, that bothers you ? @Keith_P

3. It’s a climb down by the FIA. I understand the mild irritation. Y’know, like when cry babies get their own way… Certainly doesn’t bother me, but hey ho…

4. Apparently he can also leave the Cock Ring in as he can stroke on the way round....

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Even more reasons why I can't stand the twat

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’m guessing that Vale’s gold hoop earring was OK though?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Not so much chance of being stuck in a burning car which I thought was the argument about no body jewellery? I thought that the metal would transmit heat from the fire clothing causing worse injuries, but as it wouldn't affect anyone else but the driver who cares?

• Like Like x 1
  8. It just seems odd that there are (apparently) clear rules and he gets a pass. That's all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Or that occasionally there are poor rules instigated, which are rejected by those affected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hey look we’re all allowed to like & dislike whoever we choose but having a pop at Hamilton for wearing a nose stud while one of our all time bike heroes regularly rode with an earring with never a word said is a tad odd. That’s all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah alright you go with that then.
    For me, anyone moaning about Hamilton being allowed to wear a nose ring while VR46 wore earrings is not thinking about potential heat transfer dynamics in the event of an accident :joy:

12. So it's more to do with a colour problem??

13. I doubt that, just some folk don’t like him do they?

• Like Like x 1
  14. And it bloody does heat up by the way. I was once on a fire fighter course as I was a pretendy fire fighter offshore. One of the exercises was heat awareness. We were told to remove all jewellery as it may heat up when inside the hot house. I kept my steel strapped watch on under my tunic and gloves…. And I could feel the bugger warming up round my wrist. Shiiiiit… :astonished:

Listen to the teachers kids…

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Back in the 70’s and 80’s drivers could probably wear whatever jewellery they likes, big medallions were favoured at the time (I believe ;)) and if you were trapped in a burning car, besides the jewellery probably being the least of your worries, if you ended up with a permanent St.Christopher branded to your chest that was regarded as your own stupid fault and you’d accept it, whereas nowadays Lewis has probably already got his lawyers to draft up a letter suing the FIA if his nose studs permanently disfigured him in an accident because they changed the rules allowing him to wear them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. This issue is all about FIA wanting to control the actions of F1 drivers off the track, Hamilton supports what many people see as divisive issues and often uses his F1 screen time to promote these views to a worldwide audience.

Mohammed ben Sulayem -current President of the FIA- has effectively locked horns with the drivers and the teams to force his own view on how F1 should operate. It appears that he has now back tracked considerably as the day to day running of FIA & F1 will be the responsibility of Nicholas Tombazis (director of single-seater racing). I think it was the only remaining option for Sulayem, as he was under huge pressure from all sides.

There's far too much money in F1 for anyone to think they will call all the shots. Even Ecclestone realised that he couldn't get away with it anymore. Don't be surprised if there is a new FIA director soon.

17. The most amusing thing about Hamilton and Mercedes at the moment is their obviously imminent meltdown. They can't agree who is to blame for the car being crap. Hamilton believes the entire engineering and design departments are wrong and all they have to do is listen to him - despite last year saying "my team don't make mistakes". Toto keeps twittering on about the "zero side-pod" concept being right/wrong/right/wrong/right/wrong - despite last year saying "there is no such thing as a bad concept". Meanwhile George (who is starting to come across as a bit of a posh, arrogant twat) is at least just driving the car - at least as fast if not faster than Lewis, for far less money.

My predictions for this year are :
    Toto and Lewis have a massive, public, falling out.
    Within the first five or six races Lewis drives George off the track and those two have a massive falling out.
    Whatever upgrades Mercedes bring to the car still don't make it quite fast enough.
    At the end of the season George ends up with more points than Lewis (again).
    Lewis continues to dress like CoCo the Clown...

:thinkingface:

Right, I'm off to watch some WEC and/or IMSA sportscar racing, which is way better than F1 anyway...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. To update my previous post, following last weekend's GP...

My (updated) predictions for this year are :
    Toto and Lewis have a massive, public, falling out. Still obviously imminent...
    Within the first five or six races Lewis drives George off the track and those two have a massive falling out. Less likely as Lewis doesn't seem to be able to actually catch George, but will probably happen if he ever does...
    Whatever upgrades Mercedes bring to the car still don't make it quite fast enough. Still true...
    At the end of the season George ends up with more points than Lewis (again). Seems probable...
    Lewis continues to dress like CoCo the Clown... Not a prediction, more like a foregone conclusion...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. what a strange obsession you have there, I predict he’ll carry on living rent free in your head

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. He can live wherever he wants - in one of his many multi-million pound, not in the UK, houses. But whatever, he's not living in my head. I'm just observing and making comments...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information