1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Hand Guard Protectors

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Jun 15, 2017.

1. @GunZenBomZ what make c/f handguards are those please and does the ali bit follow the contour of the c/f guards.

2. They are from illemberger-carbon who you recommended ages ago. The hand-guard protectors follow the h/g contour perfectly well. They are a thick piece of metal'
    [​IMG]
    Replaced the rear axel nut with (must be titanium) new funky coloured one which requested 180nm torque. I think a aluminium one would of shattered at that rating.
    [​IMG]
    Also today my axel kit arrived but the rear was for a normal multistrada so that needs posting/replacing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I got the black ones on order...expected next week, I hope.

Didn't plan to get one of these, untill my mate dropped my Multi against a wall or pole causing the stock hand'protectors' to break.
    These should prevent them to break in such a situation, and they look smart imo...

But kinda expensive too imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You'll be very please with their strength & quality. Throw an image at us once they added please.

• Like Like x 1
  5. as promised

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lovely looking.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hi,
    Thinking of getting some of these. How robust is the mounting? Presumably expanding barrel in bars arrangement? Is it knurled and robust? Would the alloy guard stay in place if the bike was dropped on it side?
    Cheers

8. I unfortunately was rushing & had that looming 'today be careful' intuition moment two-weeks ago. Which promptly filled my guts with pain when my bike went away from me at the farm I live on. Pride injured & a only a few scratches to the hand-guard protector.

Yes they are robust & have the same double-brass shim overlapping screw arrangement as with the bar-weights. You get longer screws with them to replace your standard bar-end weight screws for the extra distance of the added h/g-protectors.

You won't be disappointed as they are chunky piece of metal.

#28 GunZenBomZ, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. all check!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Did
    how have the guards proved to be over time?

11. @Rossa Diabolo both are superb, even with the bike been laid down on hard ground.

Please stop using a photo host (postimage.org) who removes images after a certain time-frame. This site allows a good number of images for free.

12. Mine have worked well for small knocks, I dropped the bike in Sardinia and although it didn't stop the plastic hand guard breaking it did protect the indicator and levers. Excellent in London traffic!

13. @Conquest Racing Ltd

Do Not Sell My Personal Information