1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley To Buy Ducati ?!??!!!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jun 21, 2017.

1. We will know shortly, though i'm hoping it's neither as i think under German ownership it's changed for the better.
    May find some venture capitalists invest and leave it to runs as it is today?

2. weirdly I think that the article posted suggesting losses, and market share shrinkage by Harley make the purchase more likely not less, as they look to just buy into a new segment to balance the overall product portfolio and can then streamline dealerships etc. Also in my experience, once names are being talked about the deal is normally already done.

3. So who's your money on? Harley Davidson or Enfield?

4. Harley, they proved they have previous with MV

5. hope its nothing to do with hardly dangerous would rather see trabant take over than those muppets

6. Better Harley than the Chinese.

7. Are you afraid the red bikes would have to become yellow?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Benetton appear to be the front runners at the moment.

9. Where have you seen that?

10. They are trying to get a consortium together to regain Italian ownership, they can't afford it :)

11. Front runners with no money? Shall we have a go too? :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob could do another super offer posting and we could use the donation money.. - How many forum members are there?

13. This could run and run.....................

Interesting to note that VAG's unions oppose the move.

14. Not since the 1990's has Benetton been at the front of any race ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. The sale still has to get the blessing of the unions and they are dead set against the sale. This could be a long drawn out afair.
    Perhaps the thread should be titled will Ducati be for sale? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information