1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley To Buy Ducati ?!??!!!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jun 21, 2017.

1. I think the main problem with the sale is a lack of pictures (preferably with wheelie bins) and a price.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. A lorry full of wotsits of course :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. It doesn't look like we'll be seeing a Harley-owned Ducati anytime soon.

http://ow.ly/QiH330e8qdb

Apparently Ducati are not for sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iv always been a bit slow.:zzz:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Cheeky lot.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. I lived in Sturgis sd for many years and so have seen many of the rallies. Despite saying it was a bike rally, I would say 85% - 90% were harleys. Apart from the 75th rally where numbers varied between 750,00 people to 1 million, before and since, the numbers have been dropping. Last year it went down to around 400,000 and this year looking at the various street cams, looks to be an even lower attendance http://www.indianmotorcyclesturgis.com/view-our--live-stream.

Harley's biggest 2 problems are image and price. Most people associate harleys with a midlife crisis and the prices are just plain silly. I wouldn't be surprised if Harley itself gets swallowed up by a super conglomerate such as Polaris.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Someone told me they've already bought it for 2 billion? I'm sure they were wrong, but you never know...

8. how will that work?
    like Buell?
    Harley enters motogp?

9. Someone told me they've already bought it for 2 billion? I'm sure they were wrong, but you never know...
    Not Harley, sorry, Royal Enfield. That's what I heard, RE's already bought ducati, supposedly... Personally, I don't believe it.

10. even worse?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ducati and VAG are publicly listed, they are legally bound to announce when there's a meterial change effecting value.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Psycho ? you gave me a start there? just having a turn? tell me you not serious?

13. Like I said the person who told me was most likely misinformed. They probably misunderstood the article. Such a big deal would have hit the news immediately, yet, I see no mention of it anywhere.

14. Alternative truth?

15. I read RE have bid 2bil euro and decision end sept.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information