1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley To Buy Ducati ?!??!!!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Aye - they are the front runners :)

2. Thought triumph where front runners now ??

3. I suspect it will never happen, but if it did, could we persuade HD to revive the Apollo?

4. A rather clumsy-looking heavyweight design 50 years out of date? Yes sure, would be a perfect fit with HD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 100 bhp pushrod V four weighing two thirds of a ton? Bit racy for Harley. Sounds like the new Panigale.
    At least it'll have white-wall tyres and a bouncy seat, that's the main thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Its official

DUCATI is no longer for sale - all bets are off, things will stay as they are.

7. Maybe they'll wait till spring and put a fresh MOT on her..........

8. Good advice :)
    El Ming: lock the thread :):upyeah:

9. Last Post.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Wrong :innocent: I'll win this one too, think his Pani is the prize this time :):upyeah:

11. Think again :)

12. Scrambler? All yours CR :):upyeah:

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. from the other side of the debate Harley have well and truly fucked up with the 2018 product launch

various forums have almost 100% negative feedback, nobody likes the new models

If their designers concentrated on building frames instead of designing tee shirts and tank decals they might stand a chance of competing against the other north american heavyweight Indian

In the 1980's they built the 1340 FXR (frame designed by Eric Buell) it weighed 551 lbs

Its direct modern replacement weighs in at 675lbs

And the Lightweight sportster now weighs in at 553lbs

All weights obtained from google so they are probably not correct but the over all picture is that they have lost the plot

If they get their hands on Ducati best you hang on to the Ducati you already have

14. You're not wrong. Check em out:
    http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/what’s-what-2018’s-harley-davidsons

Now, we all like to take the mick out of Fartlys but most would admit that even if the whole all-American factory custom concept repels, the bikes have at least usually held together visually, even if its in a slightly camp slobbed out fat-arsed dude-I'm-so-chilled sort of way. But there isn't one amongst this lot that isn't an unspeakable minger. Most look like Japanese fakes designed by a children's comic illustrator.

I suppose the second one down, the blue thingie with the white walled tyres is a fairly unadulterated continuation of Harley's traditional gay range but as for those objects with the monkey bike tyres and the oblong lights... Oh deary deary me.

15. My Harley, I love it

60859D77-47FB-4A86-9B7E-FAE1528C8320.jpeg

16. One of my Ducati’s, I love it

F21B496A-63AD-4FF3-8497-F02658C1286C.jpeg

17. My Triumph, I love it too

352FC481-F1EC-4608-9D78-099F986E0FE4.jpeg

18. My other Ducati, needs some loving

83F604A7-9FE5-4CC4-9564-579FC265A29E.jpeg

19. My wife’s Harley, she loves it

70F5F718-5278-4293-AD41-29C0AE56F9E1.jpeg

20. The thing is, I like bikes that make me happy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information