1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has any manufacturer improved on the Multi Decat pipes?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by hadidmax, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Thanks Andy - very helpful. And yes, I got the fork update done last week!

2. Anyone in S. Wales or Bristol area with ben's decat I could have a cheeky listen to?

3. I also really like the look of the SC project full system, does anyone have this? Just want to know that it's not too loud

4. Hi guys,
    I've been in direct contact with 'Decat' Ben and he's answered all of the questions I had about the set-up, but one additional topic of interest, which we did discuss, but maybe this can only be dealt with by those who have fitted one of Ben's decat' systems! What about the effect on MOT time, with the potentially increased noise levels, has anyone had their bike fail as a result?
    I've just about made up my mind to 'junk' the utterly useless EXVL and head towards the Ben solution, but just before I jump in with my size 11's, any real feedback on this question??:Bag:

5. My main dealer says they would not fail a full termi at mot :)

6. I know a exhaust friendly mot tester louder the better

7. It is testers discretion abs they can't even peel off a sticker/tape etc to see what's written undeeneath!
    My mot examiner won't fail a full termi system but will fail a harley with straight through pipes (he don't like Harleys lol - lol show no go! )

• Like Like x 1
  8. Does the Leo Vince decat/ end can fit pre and post 2013 bikes?

9. Yes, the exhaust set up is identical, however the Leo Vince decat is no longer available!

10. Thanks ACT, I have my sources ☺

11. Can someone point me in the direction to get one of these de-cats with the baffle built in?

Many Thanks!

12. comoraexhaust AT gmail DOT com ..............Ben ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :upyeah: I concur with AndyW's suggestion. I've bought a new rig for my Mutli, great finish, modded by Ben to accurately suit my Akrapovic end can + carbon shroud and Really looks the biz! Also as I have said 'modded' by Ben, due to some initial fit issues, he contacted CJS about some gas flow questions raised by an earlier thread and has, as I understand it, corrected the relevant areas on the tube arrangements. Don't know yet until I re-fit the new set-up, but as I'm looking to sell my bike and replace it, I may not even fit this rig!

Could be yours if you want it to be, let me know, even if you don't, get in contact with Ben, a really helpful guy, who seems to know his stuff. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for the responses.

:)

15. I have been looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 2013 Multi so have read this old thread with interest; however, it peters out with a couple of unanswered questions.

Does anyone have an update on Ben's decat - assuming all mods have been added by now (e.g. centre stand lug etc)?
    Did anyone take up the special offer with the free decat (and a paid CJS map)?
    If it did happen, were the results from CJS made available?
    Is it still a cost effective improvement?
    Apologies if this has been covered in another thread; but if it has someone got the link?
    Cheers

16. I just ordered the Leo Vince Decat pipe for my 2011 Touring S from a vendor in Italy. (off eBay) I emailed them first to verify it was in stock and they replied so. Paid about $400.00 US for the pipe with shipping.

17. BEN'S DECAT PIPES - UPDATE

I have heard from Ben today that he is no longer in a position to make the decat pipes :-(

18. thats cool the Leo Vince seem readily available again.

19. Hi guys, I'm new in this forum, in fact I'm from Portugal and I found out in this thread that I've just bought an MTS 1200 S with Ben's decat.

MTS1200S_EXHAUST.jpg The problem is that the store that sold me the bike have replaced the decat exhaust by the original OEM, and right now I have consumtions of 9 to 10 L/100 Kms.

Is there anyone that can tell me if is normal to happen? do you think my ECU was remaped and now simple don't like the OEM exhaust?

I apreciate anyone's help on this.

regards,
    HFAS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information