1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has any manufacturer improved on the Multi Decat pipes?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by hadidmax, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I have a Leo Vince decat with remap and get a similar return per litre when I enjoy myself. Steady touring mileage on long runs you can expect better. Andy

2. I think you're asking if the bike could be running too rich now , following a remap to suit the decat , now that the original cat has been replaced ? Is that correct?

If so , yes, that could be the case as the fuelling would have been tweaked to suit the more free flowing exhaust

Can you not refit the decat - if not do you want to sell it ?

3. Yes, I'll try to refit the decat during next weeks in order to understand if the fuel consumption improves! In the other hand my preference would be to have the ECU in its original mode ... so, if someone have one ECU for Multristrada 1200 S from 2011, I may be interested for a good price :)

What is your best consumption in a city drive? For me it's impossible to do less than 8,5L, and I have a friend that allways does 6,5L... :( That's why I'm considering to switch... but let's see if the refit of decat improves this :/

I've found a foto of my Bike in Facebook from the previous owner, and I do not like the look!
    Capture.PNG
    It seems the previous owner used the OEM exhaust, any sugestion to minimize the impact in this look! :)

#203 HFAS, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  4. The dealer should be able yo flash your ecu back to stock - or ECUs are generally available on feebay

Yep that looks ugly , but would the stock silencer cover not hide that ? Or is the civet missing because it no longer fits ?

5. Hi m@tt, thanks for your answer.
    Unfortunately the official Ducati dealer in my city told me that there's no way to confirm the ECU was remapped and the only way is to buy a brand new ECU to "check". Since I do not believe in such thing I'm trying to clarify myself before take any action.

6. I'm sure that reflashing with the last update would reset to standard

7. How can I check if I have the lat update? Because if I dont, I'll have an excuse to ask them to do it, and avoid the recomendation of them to buy a new ECU! :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information