1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has any manufacturer improved on the Multi Decat pipes?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by hadidmax, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Sound Brill

Look Brill

Check out the BHP after Re-map!

IMG_0073.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Is that rear wheel bhp!!? Near enough 160?
    Just been to France with a group of Diavel friends and they were amazed by the performance of my standard Mutley GT with a lard arse like me on it! Lol

3. Most of the Diavels had the full termi system and one guy had a one off system that only put out 150 bhp at rear wheel!
    Chris at CJS has certainly worked some magic on the Mutley!
    Boomer, am I right in thinking the Quat system is really expensive though?

4. Yup, rear wheel bhp! Chris said it was the best bhp he had seen at the time of doing

When I bought my QD we had a group buy on here with 4 or 5 other members from memory, I paid about £1450 from memory..? Not cheap I know, and similar money to the termi, but for me I preferred the look of the QD, and I've been delighted with it ever since

5. He was obviously on a spree - 3 weeks later mine made 157.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm? What can I sell to make £1450? :)

7. Cross reference:
    1200 - De-cat: Potential Fuelling Issue's? | Ducati Forum

[​IMG]

8. Hi Guys- long time lurker. Just joined the forum.
    Watching this post, as im very interested in Ben's De Cat, a CJS Re Map to match up with my Termi Stubbi.

9. Hi and welcome to the forum Perc.......was it you I pointed in this direction via a post on YouTube?
    I can let you have contact info for Ben and Chris (CJS) ;-)

Was someone asking about the additional 'baffle' available for the Leo Vince decat? (can't be bothered to read back through the thread!):
    DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1200/S LEOVINCE ADDITIONAL DB BAFFLE, DB KILLER | eBay
    .....ouch, £62.50!

$_12[1].JPG

10. And makes diddly squat difference to the loudness. I know, I've got one fitted. Andy

11. De Cat ordered from Ben, watch this space....

12. Still watching @Perc ;-)

13. Late to the party here, but just about to push the button on one of Ben's decats. However, I live in the middle of the Highlands, so a bit of a way from CJS or Motorapido - so what plug-n-play remap systems do people recommend?

14. Hi Richard and welcome to the forum!.........where've you been??!! lol
    Long time no hear, how's things?......looking forward to you adding some of your great photographs here ;-)

Chris at CJS will be producing maps for Ben's decat later this month.........not quite ideal but you could courier your ECU to him to update with the 'generic' mapping (same day return I guess), whilst not tweaked for your bike specifically will be better than 'piggy-back' devices imho (@Derek ? / @CJS ?)

15. Hi Andy, just getting my biking act properly back together after a five year house renovation! Got all the Mutley recalls done, stuck the Duc-EE in, put the olde ST4s back together as well and rediscovered how subtle its throttle response is so want to get the MTS to the same standard. And perhaps the Öhlins ECU, and…

16. Hopefully you'll have time to pitch in here from time to time having gotten all that sorted :D

Ohlins ECU / SCU upgrade.......you'll find lots of good feedback and recommendations here - lots more if you search but here's a couple of threads to get you started;

1200 - Ohlins SCU Semi active suspension - witch craft? | Ducati Forum

Ohlins SCu Longterm feedback required | Ducati Forum

Ohlins "Mechatronic" SCU | Ducati Forum

New Ohlins SCU | Ducati Forum

Semi Active Ohlins suspension | Ducati Forum

1200S Ohlins rear shock - functional checks / servicing ? | Ducati Forum

.....and have you seen this?
    Fork foot Öhlins recall | Page 2 | Ducati Forum

17. Ben's De Cat arrived today. Excellent quality, and looks very well made!
    Will hopefully get this fitted on saturday morning.
    Just some questions- do you need to replace the exhaust manifold gasket when removing the front/lower section pipe, is it ok to re-use it?
    Do you need to seal the de-cat pipe joints with high temp silicone to stop leaks/back fires?

18. I'd buy the header pipe gaskets in anticipation assuming they're not silly money, you should get away with reusing the originals but it'd be frustrating to put everything back together to find they blow!
    All other joins should be assembled dry (a tiny smear of copper slip may a good idea to help everything slide home;-)

19. hi guys bulby here......... just so you know I've had one of Bens decats on my bike the longest (how do I know, my bike was the one used as the original) and the quality and sound are still awesome......... seriously great quality and a top bloke. I run mine with a leo vince end can and a servo buddy and its just the nuts........... if you make 1 upgrade to your multi make this decat it... and give it a real V-twin sound, just like it should have.........

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. 'Bout time you joined the forum! :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information