1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Ever Failed Mot For Termi's?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RexDangerVest, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Mine is.... :eyes:

2. Always a guaranteed result,do you've to turn up or it's over the blower & in the post routine.;)

3. :eek:
    He's far more professional than that, but if anything was ever wrong I'm sure he would fix it for a beer - my postal service is a different guy :eyes:

4. Monkeys scratching each other's backs.:upyeah:

5. Germany and Switzerland are having a big crack down on noisy exhausts according to the media.

Its inevitable that at some point they will be gone for good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. That would be a legal minefield. I would think that most forces would not bother. When you can "hide" on the side of a motorway sitting on your fat arse with a speed gun going, "ping, ping, ping", then why bother?

If you get bored and are in London, you just find a black in a BMW to intimidate...

Shift completed...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Forces will not have to bother. You would be sent a notice in the post telling you to get it tested. That's how they are intending to do it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So you just ping on the standard exhaust and go testing. If it doesn't pass (as did some at Castle Combe for their noise test) then what? Why not just make it part of the MOT?

9. Doubt it will be that simple to bypass it but who knows. You only have to look at the idiots making decisions in Govt now to realise they are even more stupid than they look.

Once electric cars become the norm, the noisy vehicles will stand out even more.

10. Except electric cars will be made to make noise for Health and Safety reasons innit :thinkingface:

Absolutely agree with your comment re: idiots in government :upyeah:

11. The noisiest part of most cars is now the roar from wide low profile tyres. That doesn’t apply to pimped up Corsas with a “Silencer” like a dustbin and a driver with a penchant for drum n bass at 13 obviously.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. The loud-pipes thing makes me very uneasy as nothing makes us (i.e. bikers) more unpopular. Talk to urban residents and one regular passer-by with race pipes who rattles the window and wakes the kids up is all it takes to make them hate the lot of us for being anti-social. Not uneasy enough to take the ti Termis off my 998, so I am a hypocrite. (Though they're not 'race' and not the worst.) But anyway -

I soooooooooo agree with this, and am incredulous that it doesn't come up more. I live next to a busy road. In ye olden times, you could hear the difference between the tyre noise of a car and a van. The biggest difference now is that most modern cars sound like vans too, so the reduction in engine noise is effectively offset by the constant tyre roar.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quiet below 30 mph though - wonder if that accounts for all the 20 mph speed limits :thinkingface:

14. Electric vehicles will have ability to avoid pedestrians within 10 years or even more likely, those Countries without idiots in charge will have separated pedestrian areas and vehicle areas completely.

15. I await eagerly the day I get a ticket for my standard Panigale being too noisy....
    If the ticket is issued by hand - eg at the side of the road by a police officer - can you request he writes in his notebook the writing that’s printed on the exhaust - eg the markings regarding its testing - so you can refer to it later on in the procedures?

16. The db Reading g should be on the headstock.

17. Won't happen. You get a takeaway coffee and sit on your arse with a speed gun. Especially if there is a 30 zone hat has recently been 40. Then home for a "well-earned" rest. The first step will be (when we have a government not dominated by an unelected, jumped up, civil non-servant) to make noise tests part of the MoT and control the selling of aftermarket exhausts. After market manufacturers will have to get type approval for their junk.

18. I thought that as long as the can(s) we’re not marked “For Race Use Only” then you were OK? I had an Akro on my Kawasaki and it always sailed through the MoT and always without the “optional” baffle.

19. Noise testing is not part of the MoT at the moment, but they can fail it if "Not For Road Use" or "For Race Use Only" is a
    stamped on the exhaust.

Round here, it's no bother with bikes - just the spotty reenagers in the 1.0 litre fart wagon that they all put dustbin exhausts on. The (very) sad thing is that they think that it makes them look cool. A car driving along at 20 mph sounding like a jet fighter landing is so not cool. But this is eclipsed by the toerags who fit a stereo worth 10 times the car with some drum 'n' bass blaring out...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. You need to chill man, get with the drill tunes and stuff innit :p

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information