1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Throttle Has Anyone Fitted A Rear Mudguard

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Gary-B, Apr 5, 2018.

1. I've been looking at a small rear mudguard for the FT. My Ducati dealer can get one for about £85.
    However it states you must use the number plate fitting kit to mount it, taking the price to over £300.
    Does anyone know if there is a way of getting around buying the kit.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Hi Gary.
    Sounds like you are suffering from SWBS (Scrambler wet back syndrome) I have an Icon, which is probably the worst bike I have ever owned for getting wet on, I have had dirt actually up the back of my helmet before.

I knocked up a prototype rear mudguard extension myself last weekend, using some plastic I had lying around (read Pooratech not Touratec) It seems to work, next thing will be a hugger and a front mudguard extension. I will snap a pick later of the rear post it in here for you.

This add on cost me nothing, it could be improved a bit, but worth a try I reckon. There are a number of cheap options for rear mudguards on fleabay at £20.00, but I guess some fettling would be needed to make one fit.

Good luck

Andy

3. Nice one Andy I will take a look.

4. Here yay go. A bit of a plastic plant pot and a dremel gave me this. I may try again later and make a different shape, but this works.

30 odd years living in Africa and riding bikes teaches you how to make a plan!
    20180406_085824.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information