1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Have I Bought The Wrong Bike?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by chris_d36, Jul 12, 2016.

1. I had a gsxr 1000 k5 and I bought that because it was like riding a Ducati big twin. It would pull from under 5k all the way thru and I could do almost any track solely in 3rd. My mate has gone down one tooth on the front on his 1198 motor and can do exactly that incl hairpins no problem.

Try an 1198 first it is entirely different to a panigale

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The 1299 isn't suitable a daily ride. People do it, but it isn't the most comfortable place to be, and combined with the low RPM fuelling and a hot arse and legs it only gets worse.

I enjoyed mine hugely for those sunny day hard rides across Essex, and it was crazy fun.

3. Ok now where can I get a test ride on one of those??? Is the 1198 got more bottom end then??

4. ive got my 1198 up for sale on here,if you want to come try it mate your more than welcome.

5. Hell yeah! Will make more torque at 6k than a panigale flat out I reckon

6. Hey that sounds cool, and where are you located? Does the 1199 interest you?

7. Including a 1299 Bradders? I've not been on a 1198 but have rode a mates 1098 and the 1299 has the low down torque of those.

8. Dont know about those, but an 1198 will be making 85plus at 6k and easy 90+ (all rear wheel, none of this manf nonsense) where I'm not certain if a pani make more than that flat out

9. I need to test an 1198 sometime for comparison. The 1299 has a shed load of low down torque compared to the 1199 for sure.

10. 1199 is a bit top endy. I fitted 42T rear, full 1299 system (decatted) Rapid bike Evo and a sprint filter. Its now a far nicer bike to ride and more importantly it goes like foook

Just come back from Brno and it was brilliant, 164 MPH dwn the start/finish straight and an acceptable laptop

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. @chris_d36 it does mate but im trying to sell a couple of bikes as got another ducati on the way as we speak. oh and im cheltenham free this weekend if you fancy a ride up.

12. Ah that's a shame mate bit busy this weekend with the kids. I will see when I, free. Really appreciate the offer.

13. My vote goes for one of these, oooodles of grunt, can potter about in comfort or keep up with the sports bikes no problem (if you're built like Arnie :D) and with the Termis on sounds f'kin awesome :)

M-1200S_2014_Studio_R_C01-mono_1920x1080.mediagallery_output_image_[1920x1080].jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. no problem mate, im free most weekends.

15. Just seen this thread too late: about to partex my 2nd generation Diavel Carbon for an 1199S. I think it would have been everything you'd want. It's an incredible and comfy beast that out accelerates pretty much everything on the road.
    ... I just miss my sportsbike too much, hence the trade. In an ideal world I'd have both.

16. Ive just put it up for sale, ive done 500 miles this week. My wrists are killing me and Ive just gone and got voltarol for my shoulder pains. Im not Peter Pan. I have to sell it. I've realised though I can get 2 decentish bikes though for what I get back for mine!!

17. Have a go on the new Thruxton R, ignore it 'only' having 100hp, it has loads of grunt and is really smooth and easy to ride, with only a slightly focussed riding position but still high Bars so no weight through shoulders.

If not then the monster 1200 perhaps, really capable bikes for sure, I just found that the monster took a bit of hanging on too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. A fine and fair point. I was going to sell the Diavel and pick up something like the 2009 R1 with cross plane crank and still have half the money left... couldn't resist the Panigale though :)

Good luck!

19. don't overlook the hypermotard SP. I'm really tempted by a 1299S, but it's overkill in the South East.

The little bike has plenty of grunt and a reasonable position - lets you see over traffic

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information