1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have Questions About My 2014 1200s Seat

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RexDangerVest, Mar 21, 2020.

1. I hope I can get at least 3 pics in here.
    So I cannot see a part number molded into the plastic. But there is a fading sticker.
    Questions.
    Is this the standard seat? Not low (I know about the small adjustment) or Comfort seat?

Next is... those straps??? Standard? if not, what are they for? I am sure it is to attach some luggage or something. Anyone have an idea what?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Rex

2. Hi Rex, yes it’s a standard seat, same as mine, I’ve always assumed that the straps are there to attach a saddle bag, but never given them any more thought as I’ll never use the bike for touring (the way things are going I’ll never use the bike!).

3. What's the small adjustment you know about for the seat then???
    I have a 13 1200s GT and tbh my legs are a tad short!!

4. Seat.jpg
    I am not sure if it is the same on the GT
    But one the bottom of the seat there are 4 rubber blocks that get removed.
    And you move the mounting piece. Held on by rubber down to the lowest setting. Then you just attach the pieces that slide onto the ends of that piece and lock the seat down

Look here for the 4 pieces. The front of the seat is to the left. You can just see the forks that stick out to connect onto the piece at the base of the tank

REX

5. Thanks, I'll have a look:upyeah:

6. Straps are to fit Kriega or similar luggage, have them on my 939 Supersport and both monster 821s.

7. Yeah, they worked great for my new tail bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rex

8. Never seen those straps used in that way!
    You would have to remove the seat to get the bag off when you stop.

9. Hope those straps are strong enough, I would imagine they get quite a pounding on tour.

10. The girl manage to do a 3000 mile round Germany trip over a month with a 30 litre Kriega on them, no problems.

11. The ones from Ducati already under the seat?
    Or the ones from the tail bag?

Either way I bet just one would easily lift a man. The strap material, not the quick connect buckles
    And once it is cinched down it doesnt move

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/sport-touring/commuter_lite-detail

Rex

#12 RexDangerVest, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020

12. No look closer at the sides of the bag
    here we go

[​IMG]

Rex

13. I see. Just wondered why you had criss crossed them under the seat when the seat straps swivel so that they protrude under the edge of the seat.

14. Reassuring to hear.

15. Because the straps provided have loops that you loop through each other under the seat... which hides the ugly loop knot...
    I did the loop trick but crossed them so that the ugly part is hidden under... Not round knots at the side of the seat on the outside.
    I think others like Kreiga have metal hooks that would hook right to the provided loops.
    Then I would/will do it the regular way. Then you just loosen and unhook leaving not too bad looking fabric loops on the sides of the seat.

The bag itself seems very well made.

Rex

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think your in the wrong thread, but in answer to your question there is no seat adjustment on a pre 15’ Multistrada, the only option is a low seat but it doesn’t make much difference and what you compensate for in height you lose in comfort.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information