1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have You Switched To A 5g 'phone? Worth It?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jez900ie, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Yeah I've found the same tricks! Three year contracts are insane -never going to happen to me.

Vodaphone offer 5g sim only with unlimited mins & 5gb data for £8 on a 12 month contract. This increases to £17 for the same thing if you want it to work outside the UK and the contract increases to an 18 month duration. Vodaphone describe UK only sims as "Red basic". I guess when travelling its better to buy/ use a 4g sim then replace it once home with a 5g again?

2. Does 5G mean that I no longer have to put a penny in and press button A.? Asking for a mate...

• Like Like x 2
  3. No, now all payments are made using Bacs or PayPal, confirmed by fingerprint and eyescan, minimum charges, terms & conditons apply.

#23 Jez900ie, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  4. I have to try this! - where’s my steel wool? :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. If it works, you can turn off the central heating and replace it with this!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. The possible health issues aside, like any new technology 5G will initially be very expensive and slowly become cheaper as it becomes mainstream.

Unless you have a burning need to have the latest and greatest of everything or a specific use for the extra speed then I would just carry on with your regular cycle of phone contracts and new phones. Eventually 5G will become as cheap and widespread as 4G and that’s when it’s real benefit will be seen.

Not for everyday mobile phone use - but for ubiquitous high speed internet connectivity. The potential for this technology goes way beyond downloading movies faster. It will transform our world.

If of course, the world lasts long enough!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. You're probably right. Though many people I know pay more than £8 per month for 4g. Also the latest software/ upgrades won't be compatible with anything but 5g very soon... Plus my 'phone is around three years old and so I'm expecting the battery life to fall off a cliff -a change is on the cards. Might as well move up as well as onward!

8. Yeah but I'm not buying a big 'phone that size, so i should be OK right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. 4g doesn’t work half the time here so nope I won’t be sold into 5g

Good ole 3G : unamused:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Change supplier? I get 4g all the time (well vet nearly) for £8 unlimited mins.

Three G? Naaah bruv naaaaah kin nell

11. 4G very patchy where I am. I often have to drop down to 3G.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bloody Brexit!

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Yeah, it's a hot topic here, for sure : o D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Definitely not moving to the desert now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I got rid of vodaphone I was a loyal customer of theirs and in my time of need they wouldn’t help me out they have gatekeepers stopping you accessing help

I use 3 and so far so good no issues and very helpful

My area is crap for signal

16. Should I upgrade my phone to 5G?
    81ANLTaYx5L._AC_SY879_.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Isn't that like a restaurant with friendly waiters but crappy food? The signal is 3's responsibility.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Something to think about, but you take your time...

19. You won't see much benefit with 5G. Wait for 6G.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information