1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have You Switched To A 5g 'phone? Worth It?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jez900ie, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Anything is better than vodarubbish :)

2. Well since you are the Boss, I'm going to agree, (but I do have my fingers crossed behing my back). Three G was so 2014.

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. I tried to resist posting about this as I see a lot of tin-foil-hat piss-taking here because of, what seems, blind faith in our tech companies, etc and probable rants about lefty, luddite, bloody do-gooders.
    I'm not going to enter into any discussion, but I believe that insufficient work has been done by our trusted government (hahahaha) to ensure that EMR from 5G is safe and, especially, safety around young children (thinner cranium). Take a look around for stuff like this if you're interested:
    QuickMemo_2020_01_25-13-47-57.jpg IMG_20200130_164526.jpg

4. See post 19.

The power of the microwaves is very low so its not likely to hurt anyone...

The health issue is something to consider, but by now I would have expected the British Medical Journal to have confirmed or offerred a warning. Are you sure this danger warning is not put out by the anti vaxxer Moms?

5. Not challenging you on this, Jez, but is there some reason you would expect "the British Medical Journal to have confirmed or offered a warning"?

By contrast, I would have expected the UK to have left the EU last year, HS2 to have been cancelled and Huawei told to sling their hook ... but there you go. Just wondering why you would have expected an UK establishment icon to go against the desires of the rest of the UK establishment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The "Issues" alleged about Huawei could have been the perfect oppourtunity for an establishment led onslaught against 5G with a "better wait until one of the companies we make money from can provide it" line of BS.

The British Medical Journal might not be perfect, but it is wholly owned subsidiary of the BMA (UK Doctors Union potential Marxists!). Not particularly renowned as a friend of the establishment/ government/ exploitative commerce. It wasn't very long ago they were having limited strikes and handing Hunt his ass in bed pan.

Of course there are some concerns about Wahway. Especially if you are a telecoms provider which has been totally beaten to the punch, and likely to fall by the wayside as these Chinese chaps take over the worldwide industry... Or an American President looking to push his countries dominance?

As I recall last year you said -very frequently- that Brexit will not happen, and if it does it won't really be Brexit. HS2 was never in doubt -that's a great way for the UK establishment to cash in, already £56billion/ 250% over budget and no one expects that to be the final cost!

#46 Jez900ie, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  7. Ok - I'll engage just this one time as you put it so nicely:). The groups fighting for clarity are concerned people (not just mums) who are brave enough to question our safety as we all know that big business tech is so good for us and full of honesty and openness!!!
    By the way, the US version of 5G looks extremely dangerous as the wavelength(s) and energies in use or proposed look really scary. The scares started there, with the transfer to the UK & rest of the world following, even if using safer wavelengths/energies.
    What I didn't mention is that councils are cutting down a massive number of street trees because the 5G wavelength are considerably attenuated by them. There are many reasons to oppose this tree-cutting action, which, alone should be cause for protest. I honestly haven't got the energy to debate this - have a look around if you're interested. I have no need or desire for anything beyond 4G but new tech (autonomous cars, etc) will rely on it so it looks like we'll get it whether we want it or not.
    'The government' still let fags be sold but hide behind warning messages. Just sayin'
    That's my last word;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I wasn't aware of this... Its a very good point and & would like to see many more trees and certainly not less.

Then again if look around the councils are cutting trees everywhere and not pushing developers to include tree planting on new estates - drive around new estates, there isn't a tree to bee seen anywhere.. Councils claim this is due to the government cuts as they cannot afford all the tree maintanance crews.

#48 Jez900ie, Jan 30, 2020
  9. CCP owns Huawei by every important metric. Huawei is in your infrastructure, Chinese Communist Party is in your infrastructure.

China is a fierce economic competitor. They engage in cyber-warfare, IP theft, they probably kick your dog when you aren't looking.

ICT security is a game of catch-up. You are always plugging holes that have happened, almost never beforehand.

Does any of this worry you or nah?

Is convenience a good enough compensation for no real ICT security?

The BMA will come to heel, don't worry. They might have the odd tiff with Gubmint but they are Establishment, through and through. They'll cleave when it's important.

How do I know we won't get real Brexit? The EU signed off on the WA today. Need more proof?

10. Should I throw my Huawei phone on the floor along with Alexa and smash them?
    Steve

#50 Birdie, Jan 30, 2020
  11. The medical world maybe wanting to use 5G

https://www.napier.ac.uk/~/media/wo...he-evolution-of-health-and-care-services.docx

12. Huawei is Chinas version of Japans colour TV takeover. Once China have installed 5g everywhere -and they will- its the end for US tech in that sector. This is mostly an arguement about who gets the money. As for personal security, our last PM (Lame duck May) wanted to pass laws that would allow her and her regime to snoop on all of us 24/7 so Huawei couldn't be any worse unless they can fit additional hours into the day...

So worried? Nah bruv, no worries at all. Huawei are already in the system in the UK & US, so that ship has sailed along time ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My knowledge on the subject isn't great - don't even own a smartphone - but some of you have a 4g phone and want to move up to a 5g one? Call that progress? That's 25% heavier FFS!

Still fuckin' light though, I'll give 'em that. :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. I wonder if 5g will be like "now that's what I call music" and get to 104g ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sorta depends on whether 5g kills us, or allows the Chinese to annexe the country.... LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nothing to worry about as all is already lost.

I admire your optimism. One of these days, Jez ... you're gonna inspire your own cult.

17. The fuckers :worried:

Do they kick them until they fart? There's no point kicking a dog unless it's to make it fart :thinkingface:

I don't have a dog.....do they kick cats? The fuckers :mad:

No dogs or cats were kicked in the posting of this comment

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Someone's bound to have a cow all the same, Damo.

19. They kick cows as well? What the actual fuck!

The fuckers :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I only just switched up to an Iphone XS, cos I needed to go twin Sim and to save having to carry two phones around (work and mine - not drugs lol). I am on EE which travelling around the UK has generally seemed to be the best.
    Anyhoo, I jumped on 4G wifi last week, as the building wifi I was trying to use was pants... and was pulling down around 85 meg ... not bad for a mobile signal !

Who needs 5G with speeds like that ? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information