1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Head Gasket !!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by V4sDuke, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Read the first post...

2. I know what your saying but I’m sorry it’s not a cheap bike and you’d expect the selling dealer to make an exception and it least get it in within a week or so for diagnosis so the warranty train can start moving

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. But that pushes customers who are booked in further down the list.

4. Then the shop should have capacity built in. Not like Ducati’s don’t break while in warranty...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Take it up with them then..

6. It’s not my bike ;)

7. Agree with @bradders here. I would expect a dealer to at least take a look as a priority with something as serious as this on such an expensive bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just ignore it. Like a tax demand.

Paul, HMP Doncaster

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. They’ll have to fix that, you may well get a new engine out of them, BMW didn’t quibble with putting a new one in an S1000RR I had when that let go.

I’m giving serious thought to selling my V4, I’ve not had any issues with it, except the recalls and a wheel bearing, I just don’t enjoy riding it as much as I did the Aprilia, knew having a test ride on the 1100 Factory was a mistake!.

• Like Like x 2
  10. personally if I noticed a loss of coolant loss I wouldn't have riden it a second time. The engine is likely to be knackered and not repairable as overheating in modern engines is normally terminal as there all alloy construction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Also test rode the 1100 RSV4, whilst my 1299 was being serviced. It's a hell of a bike. I've owned two Aprilia's before, both great bikes, but the new one was a peach to ride. Am sure I'll have one in the future. Dave

12. If you get no joy with a new engine,I’m sure JHP Coventry will make your engine better than it ever would have been...them guys build race engines to hit peak performance and I’m sure they will build yours to high standard..

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. At a cost, finish your sentences .....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Blue or red crayon?

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. My reply was for V4sDuke, FN deal with it.....

16. Definitely do NOT ride it, that’s an absolute given! Coolant lasting 5 mins, that’s a good few litres of coolant going somewhere, into the exhaust = destroyed cats (in that quantity) into the sump = destroyed main bearings

Do Not Sell My Personal Information