1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Heard My First Race System Up Close

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Apr 26, 2018.

1. The first Speciale to be delivered to us has just had the PDI in the workshop completed and was being readied for the road test when I arrived for work today. The owner had decided to go with the full Akrapovic so I was more than a little curious.

My frame of reference is my Multistrada fitted with a Leo Vince decat pipework, LV (cough) baffle and OE end can which on balance is louder than my 1098R fitted with a full Termignoni 70mm race system.

I was standing about 3 feet away from the bike when the technician fired it up and despite having been warned, bloody hell :scream: At tickover, you couldn’t here the V4S with OE system parked 6 feet away being warmed up at the same time. As it is a brand new bike, a lot of care was quite rightly being exercised so it wasn’t until the Speciale was warmed up that a small amount of throttle was applied, probably 2500/3000rpm and I’d say it’s going to be a tough call between the Akrapovic race system and the Termignoni GP7 exhaust on the D16RR. DB killers are supplied with the full system that reduce the end can outlet diameter by about 4mm which I suspect are likely to do diddlysquat. If I’m pressed to call it, I think the Termignoni GP7 is a shade quieter.

When it arrives, I think I’ll be leaving mine standard whilst it’s on the road, no point in drawing too much attention to yourself. Andy

• Like Like x 9
  2. Thanks for the writeup. I will never forget the time I twisted the throttle of the D16RR, so looking forward to hearing one of these.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Andy, that's great to hear. To me the stock pipes sound way to quite (damn euro 4) Mine arrives at the dealer on Tuesday, the pipe and tidy tail will be installed for the launch party with the on Friday night. They will fire it up at the party and I take it for a run on Saturday and the twisty bits on Sunday. I'm out of town until Friday so I wont get to hear it until Friday night. Over here the loud pipes are not a big deal for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I spoke to my dealer about fitting the Akro system during the pdi and they are very happy to do so, I asked them as I wondered if it makes any difference running the bike in with the race kit rather than the road kit. What are other people’s thoughts ?

5. Make no difference as long as the map iS installed correctly from what I've been told. There is no way the bike leaves the dealer without the pipe, tidy tail and exhaust IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No good for track days then Andy??

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not in the UK :( Andy

8. I'd imagine you'd be ok at Donington on a noisy day. I remember a Honda 250 Six (cylinder) rocking up one day and it was noisy enough to make your ears bleed!

9. I'd love to hear a Honda 6 Cyl race bike in the flesh.

10. Donnington is 108Db drive by now? I think it would be touch an go. Ironic given there are 130Db jets landing next door to the circuit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yes exactly. Always makes me smile that. Authorities getting all precious about noisy motors right next to a major fekkin airport!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It wasn't a particularly nice engine note like a V twin or N/A Ferrari... More like a 'where's me earplugs' engine note.... and silly loud.

13. The 108db drive by is for the Ducati day. I do not believe that is the level used for other track days. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. 105 db normally

15. Noisy days at Donington are 108db now
    [​IMG]

Donington Park !

The Heart of British MotorSport

Wednesday May 2nd

Noisy day - 108db

Circuit Saver at just £139.00 !

BOOK HERE NOW !

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well at least MSV have done something positive for Donnington, long may it continue. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 108Db on drive by is pretty loud isn't it, but there was a thread on here somewhere only last week from someone saying his 1299 was pinging the noise meters on the back straight which are in 2 or 3 places. Anyway, perhaps the V4 won't quite 'carry' as much once it's revving (no chance....)

18. Agree. There was one doing a lap at Oulton a few years back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. When I go to brackley bike show there is some old bike that go there and they give you a head ache there that loud.

20. haha boys and their toys!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information