1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Heard My First Race System Up Close

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Apr 26, 2018.

1. @Android853sp I know your getting on a bit but didn't you think about getting your phone out and recording it for us?
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yes Steve, my IT skills do stretch to using the video function on my phone but sadly that is where it stops. I have tried before to post videos directly from my phone to the forum but failed miserably and don’t go suggesting I upload it to YouTube and post the link. That is far and away above my pay grade. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ha ha, like it. Cheeky twunt!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I took my v4 to cadwell a few weeks ago & it was 103db static which I was pleased about as I got it to do track days on 20180424_205214.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. Stopped by the shop yesterday to check out the install on the sp. To say the bike was in bits was an understatement. I did like the quality of the ACRA, it should be back together by this afternoon. It's not a job I would like to tackle myself.

6. Had the first separately ordered Akrapovic full race system delivered for a customer today. Akrapovic have apparently either redirected staff from other duties or hired new staff to increase manufacturing capacity of the race system. According to the latest information, if you order today, the system could be delivered at the end of July. Please don’t shoot the messenger though. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. I see that the Akrapovic race system is now appearing for sale from Europe on eBay. Please be aware that in the UK, the ECU software update for the race system is a download from the Ducati workshop computer network and not included in the box with the system. Other exhaust systems and bespoke mapping services are also available should you not want the Akrapovic. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. bet they aint cheap andy??

9. Reassuringly expensive :D Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. 634307CF-E493-4E8A-B0E7-42AB27E4F4FA.jpeg 242358DB-26CB-4111-87AC-82A0ABE4C5B5.jpeg 22080197-09FB-4F7D-A066-C1F9606BA973.jpeg 634307CF-E493-4E8A-B0E7-42AB27E4F4FA.jpeg 242358DB-26CB-4111-87AC-82A0ABE4C5B5.jpeg 22080197-09FB-4F7D-A066-C1F9606BA973.jpeg Just got mine back today from Cornerspeed Ducati @nelly
    The iPhone recording does the sound no justice. It sounds amazing. So pleased with it :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 12
  11. I take it ur not using it on the road as u have no number plate etc, so ru going to race it or will it pass tract day limits

12. No mate. No road stuff. I wanted to see you tomoz.... ask about all the fekkin settings. First time out tomorrow. Can’t wait....

13. Are you going to try it tomorrow? If so I'm definitely coming to watch.

14. Mmmmm someone get a video of it in action, want to hear that termi :upyeah:

15. Yeah deffo Nick, I’ve decided to run it. Haven’t even loaded the 1098 so no choice :D See you there mate:upyeah:

16. Sounds ace!

17. That’s because Vance & Hines patented 2 scaffolding poles as an exhaust system :)

18. There’s nothing big or clever about an overly loud exhaust system. It could prevent you from using a track and even here in Hungary a dB level meter is being used in parc ferme at the end of championship races. Shocking, as most other aspects are still very amateurish.

Professional race teams do not specify to their supplier that a system should be loud, they specify that it should give the power in a certain rev range, etc. This is just like all of the expensive tat that people buy and fit to their bikes because they think it’s what racers use when racers actually use the cheapest thing they can find that does the job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Oh yes there is!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information