1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy Good License

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CAT3, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Because of covid I am now looking for other ways to earn money. Though about selling my body, not parts of, but figured that would cost me money instead of earning me any !!:joy:

In the past I have filled in doing agency driving so though I'd return to this tried & tested trade. However, I have to do all sorts of things now, including multi-choice tests to get a CPC card before I am allowed to drive goods vehicles again :astonished:
    I even have to contact the DVLA to authorise my current, valid license !!

Then, if I want to keep driving I have to do 35 hours of training every five years.

Seems nothing is safe from the health & safety brigade these days :tired_face:
    It's about time car drivers started to be penalised the same I think.

2. I've just had a test conditions HGV driving assessment last week *check mirrors every four seconds*. After passing my highway code knowledge test plus driving regulations test & finally after passing all of that. Some three to four hours of multiple choice 3" thick stack of company regulations & procedures. Anyhow got offered £34k+ for a 4-on-4 off shift system with DHL crick, turned it down as I earn more. However now I am qualified to work for DHL at any depot for two-years before been retested as agency cover.

The thing with the driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) is that you can actually do the same module five times. Which is quite pathetic I personally do four different ones & then give £175 to st-john-ambulance & do their professional drivers first aid certificate course. Which isn't as good as the Royal Yachting Association first-aid course.. but both arm the individual with vital life-saving knowledge.

3. Yep the CPC is an absolute joke like you say , being able to complete the same module 5 times to make up the hours totally goes against what the CPC is meant to prove. Only good thing about last time I did mine was being able to do it online.

4. Or D HelL as a company I used to work for nick named them........

5. They're stopping that little anomaly now, if they haven't already.
    The CPC is all computerised now & they are looking out for people who repeat the same courses multiple times.

6. That’s good news ,but surprised it was ever allowed to happen in the first place.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information