1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hedgehogs Soon To Be Extinct?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Sounds like you like threads that never ever go off at a tangent :)

You must be frustrated on every forum you frequent :)

#41 El Toro, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. Rolled up in a nice soft tortilla wrap?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. That's a valid criticism for tech threads etc where banter and OT stuff derails the original purpose of the thread, but surely the point of Lounge and Speakers is that they encourage conversations which naturally do and should veer off into unexpected areas. It would be a bit odd if you were in the pub with a group of mates and they insisted people should only discuss the original topic....

Also, as @Noods (I think) pointed out a while back, this forum is often the only interaction some guys (and the occasional guyess) have with other people during these periods of lockdown, so surely we shouldn't be too prescriptive about what we can and can't talk about?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I should think forums that have threads managed in such a way as to stay on topic don’t last long.

I like the conversational drift that does happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. I feed my local ones & I know a few people who help nurture their own neighbours (hedgehogs). To keep slugs & beetles down among there gardens. Road kerbs have created this disaster & now concrete motorway central reservation barriers are killing all the larger animals.

• Like Like x 1

6. I suspect that I might be like a lot of folks, and you are partially right ET, I am not frustrated though and it’s not every forum, but I am disappointed and it is this forum that I am disappointed with, nowhere near as enjoyable as it was when I joined.

I’m disappointed about how a topic often deteriorates into a never ending argument about things that go round in circles.

People take paradoxical stances and I’m guilty about that as much as others but some are so entrenched that they resort to personal abuse.

It seems that there is no escape from these topics, whether it be Brexit, Covid, Trump etc etc
    Not even in a thread about hedgehogs on a motorcycle forum.

I think that Zhed, for whom I have enormous respect, has a point about the lounge being a lightly modded place and I’d accede to him about any off piste topic save those mentioned above.

This is the only forum where our mods are sometimes the ones leading the charge in politicking, or stirring.
    I belong to a large number of forums and it’s easy to see which are well run and which are not. This one is about par, but that’s all.

Don’t expect a flounce, I’m too thick skinned for that and besides there’s a lot I like on here when we can keep away from the real world shite.

Have a good day and stay safe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. To the contrary, forums who manage their political topics into separate areas do rather well...

A screen shot just now of another forum, and that is £28,000 worth of membership fees for this one moment in time, and £300k pa

A8BBE7D5-CD94-4A77-B966-AE5444E2DF35.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I did hear on the radio a few years back that the way some folk have landscaped their gardens has had a detrimental affect on Hedgehogs. Specifically the hard fencing of gardens, where once Hogs had a large area of greenery to wonder through a lot of this has gone. Impacting on their living space sadly.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Luckily a GSeer isn’t nor ever will be on my wish list ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. What makes you think we’d let you in ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Uck me the active members list is alphabetical even :D:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. errrr excuse me mr oldrat your off topic :innocent::kissing_heart:
    Do you have a house hedgehog where you are

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. No, but I really wish I did. I’ve not seen a HH for years
    :upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. I wonder how we can encourage them back into our gardens hedgehogs not the forum members :)

15. We have hedgehogs in our garden but we don’t often see them as they live under the trees at the very bottom of our garden.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Do cats cause problems for hedgehogs
    We have a few around here too.

17. It’s like anything, if the environment is right

;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. :blush:

19. I would say no, from when my Mother kept cats they never showed much interest I think the prickles kept them at bay. Her Cats would just sniff at them and walk away.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information