1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Held Evest Air Bag

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. I have just this morning ordered some gloves by Held. Hope they fit as a bit of a comparative bargain. I also have a Held rain suit. The airbag is interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. What size gloves ? I bought their size 11 a couple of weeks ago and it pretty much matched the size chart I found. Andy

3. They are a S/M. On offer at Sportsbikeshop but limited size choice. Think I might be a straight M. Will find out tomorrow!
    Titan Evo in black/white £169.99

4. Fingers crossed. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. 195AF322-97D7-4410-9D2A-CE918101B445.jpeg £300! I just pop one of these up me back passage and at that arse clenching moment, bang! I’ll blow up like Dr. Kananga In Live and Let Die and bounce harmlessly down the road/off vehicles/trees etc. That’s the theory anyway?:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. fit straight under mate

it’s the same as wearing a back protector (I use Forcefield) which is actually more specious than the standard jobby

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. Thanks geezor!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Does it require a subscription?
    Looked at the Ixon one, it’s subscription based and can only be used and recharged by the user 6 times before needing to be returned to the manufacturer.

9. The deal looks like the same style as Ixon which it should as it’s through inemotion. They provide the system to Held, Ixon, Furygan and others.
    Looks like either a buy it now or monthly lease from a quick scan of the Held and IneMotion website. Track/road options available.
    I looked at the Ixon last year. Very comfy and I would have bought but it was approaching winter and then C-19 struck. Looking again now.

10. As I don’t have Held leathers I think the Ixon more suited for me. Could be wrong but seems the Held clips into a Held compatible jacket/suit. The Ixon is stand alone so can work across any brand.

11. Not got that far into research yet but I did try the Ixon on for size. They come up pretty small so best to try in the dealer rather than online if serious.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Just had a look myself, looks like an activation/subscription is also required.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I wonder how the subscription part is verified. Does it need a signal to connect to a service.

14. Post #19

15. Yes mate, it’s the same tech inside.

6 times is a lot more than other manufacturers. Dainese you get two detonations and have to return the suit to the factory

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thing is, the alpinestars one doesn’t have a proper neck deployment !

I’d rather bash my shoulder than break my neck, and if you’re wearing a half decent suit it’ll have shoulder cups in it anyway. Plus the in&motion covers the collar bone area which is generally where all the fun happens

Amongst friends we spoke about this last night, it seems most alpinestars and Dainese options don’t have neck protection unless it’s the FIM race suit which you can’t buy.

I believe the new tech air that’s coming out soon however does have neck protection

#37 Advikaz, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

17. It’s actually the same with ixon as held mate. Both can be used across other suits if those suits can take it (stretchy panels etc)

it’s only the rst version that’s fussy about what it goes in :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. That’s good.
    I thought the Held has to clip onto something near the zip.
    Likely go Held as I’ve no knowledge of Ixon.

19. I've thought about getting one but my Held Slade suit is a snug fit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information