1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Held Evest Air Bag

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Does the held vest need to be clipped to a jacket/suit or can it be worn standalone under a regular motorcycle jacket (like the Alpine Stars Vest)?

2. Could you tell us any more about what you heard regarding neck protection coming for the Tech-Air?

Neck protection would put the Tech-Air way ahead for protection. I love its shoulder protection; I think it matters a lot. I've read that impacts to the shoulder are a cause of some spinal injuries (because a big hit on the shoulder causes the spine to twist and fracture).

3. Whatever happened to just buying something ifs!! Why would I want a subscription after paying hundreds just to keep the thing usable?! Its not a phone!!

Bad move imho. I've looked at them, alas not big enough, but this would put me 100% off.

4. I was of the same opinion mate, but it offers an unlimited warranty and replacement brains after a certain time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You can pay a one off fee if you don't want to pay monthly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You can also take the box out of the vest and use in another compatible suit/jacket so you only need a single subscription

#46 Oldenoughtoknowbetter, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  7. Too small even allowing for break in stretch. :(

8. Oh, poo :( Can you get a refund ? Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. So do you not need a back protector?

10. No. No need for a back protector, it has one built in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I like the idea but
    £90 for a refill seems a lot especially if you set it of by accident
    Any idea how long the battery lasts it looks like a pain to take out
    Seems to take a bit long to deflate too

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. So it's £310 (ish) then £12 a month/buy for £400?

So you need to buy the vest then buy/rent the brain?

13. That was my take on it. I found both web sites lacked an easy to read/understand break down of what owning the product actually costs. I’m going to treat myself to a Helite Turtle for the road. I don’t need to change any of my existing kit, it’s a one off cost, easily self reset if it goes off, repairable if not too badly damaged, replacement gas cylinders are, IIRC or were, £12 each, no electronics or batteries to worry about and I get a discount. Nice and simple for me to understand. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. This makes it a bit easier to read:
    https://www.ghostbikes.com/17047-he...HHbIygRrODNjCAqzAQibCbFkKxm4BuWxoCesYQAvD_BwE

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Here’s the promo vid:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. That’s the new generation e air bag from Helite which has only just been released into the market. I guess Hideout will offer the same e air bag for their made to measured suits and jackets. Helite themselves offer a front fork mounted bluetooth sensor to increase the reaction time of deploying the bag and better discrimination for slow speed offs. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Hideout already offers the In&Motion electronic airbag for their suits, as well as Helite. (I asked them recently.) So, I think you’d have the choice!

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. It can be worn Stand-Alone, I've used my Held eVest with a variety of different manufacturers jacket. The key is make sure your jacket has room or stretch panels should inflation occur. I also have a Held Textile jacket and the advantage of the clip-in system is that when putting-on/taking-off the jacket/eVest are as one item.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information