1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Held Evest Air Bag

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. You can thank Bill Gates and Steve Jobs for this business model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I tried on the eVest when I was chez Hideout and was pleasantly surprised how light it felt. It felt like a back protector – much lighter than a Tech-Air vest – and slimmer than my Knox Track Vest. Kate at Hideout said she’d fitted the eVest into Hideout leathers and had positive feedback from racers who’s used the airbag in anger.

3. just has an e-mail from Klim re their new air bag vest. Worn on the inside of your jacket and uses the in&motion brain. Looks good and about £399. https://www.klim.com/Ai-1-Airbag-Vest-3046-000
    Reading through the detail it seems if you subscribe; apart from the on going warranty, after 3 years of subscription you get a free new in&motion brain! As well as the continued development software updates etc, etc. The size chart bit gives you advice on how to measure your jacket. Whether it's leather or textile it tells you what to do to make sure your existing top has enough room to take in to account the activated air bag volume. Nice touch I thought.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mmmmm pretty

currently resisting urges to deliberately set it off

D90A468E-BBCD-4318-8DD5-3EDB48A3EF4D.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. DO IT, DO IT........BANG. You've got 3 goes before it gets tested.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I don't think I'd be able to get one to fit under my Held Slade suit. Its pretty snug.

7. You need a fair amount of room underneath whatever jacket you wear. Otherwise you may pop a rib or too.

8. Looks very similar to my Ixon vest which uses the same brain and app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. so is mine but it fits fine.

You remove the standard back protector dude

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Mine fits my Slade fine also, with give for inflation. However that’s only cos I lost 2 stone in weight over winter/spring. Unfortunately the rest of the suit now looks like a loose bag of spuds and is currently with Kate at Hideout for severe remedial work o_O

11. Double dare you...,

• WTF WTF x 1
  12. Looks same vest as I Klim bag vest using the French In&motion “brain”.
    When it goes off do you get a whiff of Garlic and effect a nonchalant shrug?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Inmotion is ixon tech. But many use it :)

14. You may want to check your spelling mate. Or maybe not.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. I may just investigate further then

• Like Like x 2
  16. Had email reply from in&motion re my query about buying 2 air bag jobbies. One Klim air bag vest to wear under a Klim textile jacket & a stand alone RST leather jacket with built in in&motion brain.
    Giselle said just send one brain back to them then put the other brain into what ever air bag enabled device your wearing.
    So 2 possible tops with a/bags but only one monthly subscription :upyeah::upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. In Germany, ADAC has just tested some of the latest airbags. But could anyone help me with the translation?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. @Advikaz I’m still thinking about these (and SWMBO has said I could have one for Xmas) and I have the Held Slade suit too........I’m guessing you have to take out the built in back protector?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information