1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Held Evest Air Bag

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Advikaz, Jun 18, 2020.

1. I see Klim have launched one too

2. Hello mate. Yes you remove the stock protector which takes seconds. It’s really easy.

I removed the stock protector initially anyway as I ran a forcefield Protector last year.

the air bag vest doesn’t really take any more room up than the Forcefield protector or the stock one for that matter.

Only thing worth mentioning is that the held airbag clips in. Although it doesn’t have to. I believe they’re bringing out one with a built in zip for next year. Or you can do as I have which is get a zip fitted for £10 :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I went to Sportsbikeshop Leeds to try on an Ixon airbag vest.

Tried it on with my Ducati jacket first and it was fine. Quite a nice fit.

Then I tried it with my Held Slade one piece. What a fucking palaver. Firstly the zip to the standard back protector was stuck. The guys in the store managed to oil the zip and eventually I managed to get it to work. Getting the back protector out was a bit of a faff but it came out ok. I then tried the suit on with the Ixon airbag vest. And whilst I could zip it up and I could move around in it ok it was incredibly snug. So much so that if I was wearing it and god forbid, it went off then I’m sure it would “implode” and break my ribs etc rather than fill out, as it should.

I decided to put back the original back protector in the suit. Nightmare. Took me well over 15 mins to fathom out how it went in, given the amount of material and flaps to tuck it in to. I’m sure the Yorkshire Vet had less bother with sticking his arm up a sheep’s fanny to get the lamb he was trying to birth in last nights episode.

If it’d worked with both the jacket and suit then I would have bought it. However for now I’ve left it to think it over.

I feel a tad disappointed tbh.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Imho that’s why I’d go over-suit type. Can use with any jacket and none of that faff :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

5. And throw it in the bin once you’ve crashed in it.

they look crap.

and they’re liable to catch on to things

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Held now have it on their website, cant see for sale in the UK yet, however FC-Moto has it. I would want to order 2 sizes and check which fits best. Has anyone had any dealing with FC-Moto??

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...ODXlK0BUfZ2V9wKTc6_6eBSJL-JhdI2xoCBikQAvD_BwE

7. I have re FC Moto. No problems.
    They have the Klim A1 vest which I’m interested in too. Cheaper than I thought, plus my local Klim dealer doesn’t seem to have them yet!

• Like Like x 1
  8. any reason why you are more intersted in Klim version over Held or IXON. All 3 look very similar

9. No hard reason yet as I've not seen a Klim A1 vest in the flesh. Have a Klim Badlands suit and very happy with that so presume the Klim vest construction will be of the same standard. I'm well aware the inflation system; hardware & software is the same across many vests.

Just checked my local Klim shop in Sudbury and they're now showing it on their website so a trip out on Pani this Saturday to see if it will fit under my Klim top (when inflated):upyeah:

#89 Biot, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. When I went to the Sportsbikeshop in Leeds last week the girl who served me said they all had the same airbag technology (https://uk.inemotion.com/en/) and the only difference is the styling of the vest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yes agree El T, its just down to the construction quality of the jacket I was interested. Not owning, or have owned anything from the 3 brands before so not sure. The InMotion hardware is the same in all 3.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just visited my local Klim dealer to try on an Ai-1 bag vest. On Klim’s website I need a large; which feels snug but not uncomfortable on top of a base layer and thin micro fleece jumper. My main reason for doing the 3 hour round trip was to inflate the thing then put my Klim Badlands jacket over the top. Again, their website gives details of how to measure yourself, your jacket of choice and then check to see the bag has room to inflate underneath it. So, my jacket size seems to be ok. However just to be sure I wanted to inflate it. This you can do with an air pump after you’ve unscrewed the argon canister. Using an adapter.
    However you DO NOT get the adapter with your vest. You only get one when you buy a replacement canister. What a palaver o_O

#92 Biot, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Back in March I bought the Ixon air vest from Jordan bikes in Leeds, got a good discount on the vest with a spare canister, Chris in clothing really knew his stuff as he used to work for Ixon. I wanted it for both road and track use, for the road it goes under my Halvarssons textile jacket, checked the free play in the jacket for the "necessary" expansion and all was good, once on and riding I don't even notice it's there, battery lasts a full days riding and more.

For the track I knew I would struggle to get my snug Arlen Ness suit on over it and so it was, but I'd kind of factored in getting a new one piece anyway ;), I tried the Ixon Vortex 2 suit but L was too small and XL (really :astonished:) top half was OK but bottoms were far too baggy, so went for made to measure in kangaroo skin from DRC leathers, all measurements taken while wearing the vest.
    Used the combination for the first time a couple of weeks ago in the sweltering heat of Portimao, again once all zipped up you don't notice you're wearing it, really comfortable. The only problem I had was the vest tended to ruck up a bit when putting my arms in the suit so I had to pull vest down slightly to position it correctly, this should get easier as the suit breaks in. All in all though pretty happy with my choice, must remember to switch back to road use now though :bucktooth:.

#93 kartman, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  14. Well I (or should I say SWMBO on my behalf) invested in a Ixon XI Airbag vest from Sportsbikeshop yesterday, as they’ve reduced the price on the premise of their Black Friday sale.

Job jobbed albeit it’ll only really fit with my jackets and textiles and not my one piece leathers :)

15. Received this yesterday. Great service as always from Sportsbikeshop.com!

And despite two daunting looking instruction booklets it was really easy to set up via the inmotion website and app. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anyone have any experience of the RST V4.1 Kangaroo?
    Price of subscription?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. ANY bag that uses the in&motion brain uses the same buy outright or subscription route.
    Subscription service gives you a rolling warranty. The subscription can be stopped at anytime ( you send brain back) then re started at any time. Over winter months for example when you may not ride.
    One good thing is that you can have one brain and swap it between 2 bags from a Klim or Held or Ixon or RST suit or jacket. So you pay for one subscription, not two.
    I was looking at getting an RST one piece with bag in then getting a Klim bag vest for my textiles. But only paying one subscription and moving brain from one to the other.
    I e-mailed in&motion who confirmed this is ok.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. The RST item does get good reviews and is at a compatible price point with non-air bags. I have historically kept away from RST, as they've always had a budget brand reputation and quality has reportedly been inconstant.
    I've not seen this suit in the flesh, but it does have the features I'd usually look for, including being perforated, I mostly do euros TDs.
    Does need some colour though.
    I also read there's rumored to be a cheaper version coming next year, using the same technology. Maybe cow only and not cow and roo.

19. Rst kit does have a mixed rep. Some love it, others hate it.

I think you need to do your own research and have a good look around the item before committing.

I would never wear their gloves or boots though. They’re mads out of fag paper in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information