1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Helibar Risers

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Chattancati, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Has anyone used Helibar riserson their 749? If you have did they make much difference?

cheers
    Jim

2. Was thinking the same myself. They say a 25mm rise, but i think the reservoirs must foul on the fairing.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ive got cyclecat bars on my 999. Not available now. They came with round reservior conversion which wouldnt be hard to copy using s/h parts. They make a big difference but I have to ride in town with my hands outboard of the grips or my gloves catch the fairing on full lock. Took me 1 ride to suss it out and never caused a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've just adjusted my Giilies rear sets to furthest back and lowest setting, made a huge difference, so will go with this just now and see if there is a need to buy the risers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. There was a mod where the standard bars are swapped over to give better riding position. A lot of 916 and 999 owners were doing it a few years ago. Never tried it, not sure how it works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Does anyone know where the link is to this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have been offered some Gilles clip ons with adjustable angle, which i think will help. Then i agree with the rearsets mod, think thats the next thing to do......

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just swap the bars over left to right and vis-versa...simples, rises bar height by a few mm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was thinking about risers today as I was heading back from Carcassonne. On the last leg today in France from Beaune my wrists have took a pounding over the last 7 days more so in the mountains and by the fact I don't go on the motorways if at all possible.
    When I get back I'll try swapping them around

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for the link, wonder what the quality would be like as they are Chinese manufactured, although they do look the biz!

11. Thanks for the link, wonder what the quality would be like as they are Chinese manufactured, although they do look the biz!

12. Ive bought chinese levers and theyre fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Levers would be ok, but i couldnt trust my life to £26 aluminium alloy bars....

Having worked in aluminium industry they are prob using a softer alloy, like 6063, rather than alloys which gilles et al use.....

Just my thoughts, but could be wrong....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. My Chinese levers are great. Not all Chinese stuff is tat.
    Main problem is not knowing how much rise they give and whether any mods to reservoirs are necessary

• Like Like x 1
  15. They look a touch higher than my cyclecat so could need dropping down fork legs a bit.
    To convert to round reservoirs you need 2 push in plastic elbows, some hose + 2 bleed nipples. My reserviors bolt to thread in handlebar end.

16. Have asked the seller what grade of aluminium

#17 Old rider, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. "Dear customer,
    Thank you for your message, the material is aluminum alloy T6-6061, please noted, any questions, please contact me, thanks!

Regards,
    Aileen)"

• Like Like x 1
  18. Is that good?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was hoping you might know... lol

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information