1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Folks My Sc.

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Gordon Watson, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Not sure if a k&n filter will give the same induction noise.my wasp kit was already fitted and my bike is really smooth and a pleasure to use low down the revs, i cant answer re power but the induction roar is fantastic, in fact iv to wear earplugs as the revs hit peak my eardrums feel like they are being sucked out.

2. I was curious about that intake noise and did a quick youtube search, found that video but not much more:

The difference with the "standard" DP Termi air box is not obvious to me from that simple lofi (GoPro?) video, but looks like they left the original baffles in the Termi? (gotta have those open, much better sounding! and better for the bike I'd guess also)

3. Really like that,great work

• Like Like x 1
  4. The induction noise is load and sounds the berries!! I fitted the kit and believe it has made a difference over the standard air box I feel the bike goes through the rev's a lot better and picks up better, also smoother through the rev's only my opinion!

5. Zards,

thanks for your input; "feel" and "ride experience" changes / improvements (inc' sound of the bike) are even more important to me for such bikes than pure factual measured power/torque increase.
    It's all about the ride feel & experience on those road bikes IMHO, rather than absolute perf figures.

Just an additional question on your setup: when you compare to "standard air box", do you mean the original Standard Ducati closed one that would come with the factory exhaust, or some kind of "open" one that would come matched to the Zard exhaust?
    I don't know the Zard but if I compare to the DP Termi kit on my biposto it came with a DP air box that's similar to the original one but with added open hole for non-restricted induction.

6. My bike had the original air box for the factory exhaust not the DP one, that might have helped me notice the differences I mentioned. Your bike must have the DP ECU as well i would think.

Email the guy at intake express and tell him your set up, i believe they have maps for just about every set up so the PC5 comes with the map already installed.

7. Ok thanks for the clarification.
    Yes correct I have the matching DP ECU for the Termi as well (with baffles removed).

8. Don't waste your money buying from Intake express kit, I bought the kit and never made any difference to the power of the bike, spent a few days on the rolling road with bike, my bike already had the termis and ECU fitted, only difference I noticed was the induction noise if you like that.

9. Ok thanks for the feedback; it was more being curious than anything else.
    Hard to imagine what this "induction noise" could sound like in person!

10. Hi Guys,

I've tried to put this on the bikes for sale but it's telling me I don't have the access!

Anyway due to a change in my circumstances I have decided to put my beloved bike up for sale, it is advertised at top dollar given the spec, but i am open to sensible overs. Please see the below link.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/ducati/sport-1000/7717633/

Cheers
    Gordon

11. It's because you're not a subscriber. £5 for the year.

12. Thanks for the info

Do Not Sell My Personal Information