1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Central France

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by thebiglad, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Hi Bumpkin and thank you for your welcome. When I lived in England I used to do moto holidays in the Alps and the Drôme valley and the experiences I had led me to live here permanently.

For anyone coming over on a jaunt, I'm in the Centre postcode 36140 Aigurande, if there's anything I can do to help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi JB, i'm not that far away, postcode 36140 Aigurande.

3. Hello :upyeah:.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Welcome along Big fella

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Have had thoughts along the same lines, daughters still a touch too young for me to leave yet and will need to wait for the consequences and fog of Brexit to clear but it's something that could well be in my future.

Passing through La Châtre, enroute to Corsica, on the 13th September so will bear that in mind :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Welcome to the Forum big Dave :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Welcome Dave and bonjour!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. La Châtre is approx 25kms north of Aigurande and there's a good bar for coffee's and nosh if you fancy meeting up ??

Dave

9. Thanks very much Bridgland, seem like a very friendly bunch on here :p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. welcome mate. we have our best annual jaunt of the year every year near your gaff (or maybe couple hours away). surely you must know Tony and Flashtours in Melle. Very highly recommended :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. You are the same distance from Limoges as I am, but in the opposite direction.

12. Hi Frazer and thanks for the welcome. If the Melle is in dept 79 and on the way to La Rochelle, it's about 200kms west of my place.

Cheers
    Dave

13. Hi Bob, I'm guessing then that you must be in the general direction of Perigueux ?

Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. About 25 kms away from Perigueux.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ‘Ay Up Monsieur!

Hows Tha’ Doin?

#35 Edge_of_Town, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Thanks Dave, that would be good if you can make a meet-up. Hopefully off the ferry by 9am that morning at Le Havre. Stops for fuel and lunch around Tours should see me at La Châtre mid afternoon. A stop for an hour for coffee, cake and chat about life in France and bikes would be most welcome. Will drop you a PM with contact details.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Bienvenue mon ami, j'espère que tu vas bien, mon nom est Bob
    schoolboy french limit reached and breached! :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Très bien mon pote, très bien. Et merci pour le bienvenu.

There's quite a few french speakers on 'ere then ?

Cheers
    Dave

19. Welcome Dave. I’m about 325km away from you in Nantes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. its speaking English they struggle with. Most posts are in a different language..o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information