1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Lanark, New V4 Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Stephen McMillan, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Hi All, recently realized my lifelong biking dream and bought myself my first Ducati. Based in Lanarkshire, been riding bikes since my teens, done most of the jap bikes, BMW etc over the years. Not getting any younger and thought I was ready to hang up the leathers and grow old gracefully, sold the track bike and switched from a S1000RR to a GSA for the road last year. Fantastic bike but no soul, missed the excitement, adrenaline rush etc.. you can only get from Superbikes. I’m a fair weather rider, realized I wasn’t looking forward to those sunny day rides anymore and was rapidly losing interest. Fixed that now, finally picked up a stunning V4 Speciale last week. Enjoy the occasional track day but mostly just sunny day road riding now. I’ve been lurking for the past week, lots of great content, knowledgeable people and great information. Thanks for accepting me into your forum,
    Thanks,
    Steve.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome Steve :):upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Steve - it's the 'thing' you only seem to get from Italy :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to the forum. Several V4 owners on here, myself included and at least 2 of us run the bike as a dedicated track bike. Given your northern location and the deteriorating winter weather, it might be a while before you get out on it but have patience, it’s worth the wait :D Andy

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome along Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to the Forum Steve:upyeah:, post some pics of the bike, we all like pics.

8. Welcome chap, quite a few north of the wall in here so you're not alone in bikes or people to connect with should you choose too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome fella, I keep thinking it should be time (at 55) to switch to something a little more, well you know. Love the Hypermotard but not sure if I’d use it for all the reasons you state. Guess like you, I’m still 20 something in my head. Let’s have some pics please!

• Like Like x 1
  10. V nice. In Edinburgh myself, reckon you'll hit Knockhill next year with it maybe?

11. Thanks for the welcome mate

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yep, it’s that “thing” can’t stop looking at it, back to slipping out to the garage in the evening for a look while the Mrs watches her TV, the passion and excitement is back again

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks for the welcome mate. I’ll get a wee blast before I tuck it in for the winter, Friday looks good, just a wee taste to keep me going through the winter months. I’ve was running a 2012 blade for a track bike, sold now. I went all heated grips and textile clothing for a while there so I’ve not seen a V4 on track yet but can imagine how capable it is. I’ve spent loads of £££ over the years on track bikes, suspension, electronics etc.... This thing is just on a another level straight out of the box! I’ll definitely get a Knockhill day booked next season. The Akra race system is already fitted, amazing sound but I’d think it will be a struggle to get past the noise police at most of the track days down south.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks, pics will be up shortly pal :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks pal, definitely be looking to connect with the folks on here. I’ve a lot to learn about this bike, I’ll be looking out for any organised runs up this way as well, just got to through the winter first

16. Welcome. I used to live on Hyndford road, Lanark. Unless the weather's changed since the '90s, you'll not be getting much use out of it until spring (.....that'll be July in Scotland :laughing:).

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. She says the some about the passion & excitement when your out on the bike and she's round the neighbours.;) welcome aboard Steve.:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I was in the same place as you At 48, convinced myself it was time to get something a bit more comfortable and temper my “enthusiasm” on the roads. I covered only 1200 miles in a year on the GSA, that says it all really. Its brilliant at what it does and I’m not bringImg anyone down who preferS that type of riding, but I was coming home after a couple of hours riding and it was just a run out on the bike if you know what I mean. I’m an average rider, not the quickest by any means however you just can’t replace that scream in the helmet moment when you open it up or terror followed by relief when you get it wrong but come out the other side or just simply opening up the garage just to look at it. This bike is the pinnacle for me, the bike I always wanted and worked for. As long as I can still get the leg over it I’ll live with the sore wrists and the cramp in the knees etc.... it’s worth it and then some. Your right, we will always be 20 something in the head, nothing wrong with that :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hi mate, yep a wee trip to Knockhill is definitely on the cards, love the place. It will be ride up, few laps and ride home job now. A very cautious session in Inters :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. That'll be mega, I've got this image of that bike getting seriously on the back wheel on the bump mid paddock straight :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information