1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Santa Cruz, California

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ujeni, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Ducbird would love a picture of one of your trashcans - she's a collector.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ha! Yeah, we have nine months of dry weather and three months of very wet weather here in Santa Cruz. Unfortunately, the Ducati dealership went out of business about ten years ago. I wouldn’t want to be in the motorcycle business in the USA. Tough market.

3. Welcome aboard. Great video and hope to see more. You should find this forum fantastic for any of your Ducati questions, unbelievable font of knowledge to be found here. Also good fun too. Hopefully you got some big USA style trash cans in your next photo, it’s part of the Ducati forum initiations.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMG_9441.jpg Ok, you win. I found a photo of when I first got the bike. Five year old daughter on top and bins behind it. :p

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Yeahhhhhhhhh
    Brilliant :)

6. Welcome, the sandcast looks superb, you should very be proud of that, I’ve got a 750 SOHC myself but I’ve made it into a race rep (don’t worry it was a K6 not a sandcast), Sandcasts in the UK are making crazy money, what’s the value of a good one in the US?

7. Crazy money here as well. Difficult to restore correctly. Lots of rare parts and such. My daily driver happens to be a sandcast survivor:

IMG_0837.JPG

I did rebuild the motor on this bike, but otherwise all original (paint, chrome etc). Special machines. I kind of feel like the early 916 bikes are the sandcasts of my generation. Perhaps thats my excuse to pursue them! Ha!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Apologies for the lack on bins in that photo.

9. Will let you off this time :D

10. Welcome dude

11. Welcome from So Cal. Well Ireland at the minute.
    Beautiful bikes.

12. Bike Shed London are soon opening in LA, might be an interesting array of bikes going there and interesting contacts too?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information