1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Slovenia

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by RogerG, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Welcome mate, bike looks awesome :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome RogerG/Gregor,

I had a couple of days in Slovenia (staying in Bled) on my 696 last summer as part of my World Ducati Week 2016 European tour. I have to say it was the most stunningly beautiful of all the Alpine countries I've visited (France, Italy, Switzerland and Austria) - the mountains, clearest blue lakes and streams, pretty villages, and twisty mountain roads. Lots of restaurants and hotels with signs saying they welcome bikers. I'd definitely recommend a visit!

3. Yes, we visited the next lake along from Bled and ate in a great place right where the river joined the lake. It was called 46...

4. If you ever come to Slovenia again, let me know. There are more mountain roads to visit....

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  5. You were staying at Lake Bohinj. Beautiful province. The same for you.....if you would be here again, let me know and we can make a moto trip together!

6. We stayed at Bled for a couple of nights en route to one of the Dalmatian islands, then Zadar, via the Magistrale. The other half is from Zadar, so we are frequent travellers. Always by car though, sadly...
    While in Bled, we visited the castle and also rowed to the island. I rowed in a series of arcs as my right oar was somewhat dominant :)
    Beautiful place...

7. Hi all,

Is there any web page with used moto parts in UK?(checked ebay)

I am looking for collectors/headers from Monster 696,796,1100 ?!
    In the middle of exhaust project and need parts to finish it!
    Any info welcomed (if anyone know for any)!

Cheers,

8. What was your destination??

9. Destination was Croatian seaside (town: Porec and Novigrad)! About 100mi from Ljubljana (2h ride)/ one way.....

10. Ah yes, thought that bridge looked familiar.
    Have never actually visited either. Just driven past en route from Trieste to sister in law in Pula.

11. Ah yes, thought that bridge looked familiar.
    Have never actually visited either. Just driven past en route from Trieste to sister in law in Pula.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Indeed. From Trieste to Pula via local road, you pass by Koper, Novigrad, Porec and Rovinj....! It's nice route

Regards,
    G.

13. Splish splash....takin' a bath

1497603254161.jpeg

14. After changed the air filter for K&N. i opened today the air housing ( functionality before esthetic), and disconnect exhaust butterfly valve. It's more alive/agile. And it csn be heard the sucking air

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

15. I will be in Slovenia later today. Heading back to Portoroz from here in Rovinj and then flying a friend's plane from Portoroz home to Budapest this afternoon.

16. Rovinj is such a beautiful town.
    Love it...

17. It is a little bit longer clip from ride to near Hill (+lake)! There was some dust and rocks on the road....! It's a non-music raw clip. Nice hear of air filter after customization. It's louder than OEM exhaust :)

#38 RogerG, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  18. You have a beautiful country & very little littering; that's either because you respect it or have large fines for dropping litter. Well that's what I found the last time I over there!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Well, there are a low fines for littering (aprox. 200€) in town, but it can get up to xxxx€ if throwing garbage in nature...!
    Rakitna is only 18miles from Ljubljana. Yes, as you can know, everything is very near in Slovenia (from one side of country to other approx. 185miles :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Finally received a package 1 of 2! That one is from USA and much sooner as from UK.....still waiting for second one to receive it!
    And now, the time for my exhaust project to be started...

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information