1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Somerset

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by VINNIE, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Hi everybody,

For the past 19 years i have been riding my beautiful 1998 red /white R1, but i have decided its about time i got something just a bit more sensible which does not require me doing 140mph plus to put a smile on my face ,so i have settled on getting a Monster 1200R.Really looking forward to the booming soundtrack and face shifting grunt ,now looking for a really nice bike,

Cheers all

Vincent

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome Vinnie :):upyeah:

3. Welcome Vincent to the forum:upyeah:i had a blue and white 1999 R1 back in the day:):)

4. welcome vincent'

5. I have a '99 Red, Black and White R1 fresh out of the crate (without the awful red seat that everyone hated and now seem to love due to rarity) - strange world :thinkingface:

6. Very nice:upyeah: but if i had to have another one it would be the 1998 red/white version......but silly money now:(

7. Welcome to the forum. :)

8. Welcome dude, I've just sold my 99 r1 full ohlins ect ect. Got good money for it.

9. The UKMOC is active in Wilts and often go to the monthly Haynes meet (think there is one this Sunday ). Worth joining the club (it’s free) if you like to get out and meet folks :)

Hope you find the right bike soon

10. Welcome Dave

11. Welcome into the mad house monster vinnie will that be red :)

We like pics especially your rubbish bins and maybe your bike too ;) it’s a forum rule and it makes me happy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome and enjoy. Keeping @Ducbird happy is another forum rule :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome aboard Vinnie.

14. There is a Somerset Ducatisti meet every month at The Lime Kiln near Langport. PM me if you are interested and I’ll put you in touch with the organiser.

15. It will be in red,when i get my bike i will post i picture of both of my bikes with a litter bin :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I am now a proud owner of a !200R Monster,i took a trip up Aylesbury Ducati and done the deal (Thank you Mike)so as you can imagine i am over the bloody moon, when my pipe arrives and my tail tidy i will put up some pics.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Welcome to you mte. I’m sure you will have muchly good fun on here, enjoy...

18. Welcome to the Ducati fold... enjoy, I tried slowing down a bit sold my fireblade brought a 1050 speed triple a few years ago great bike, still got it but still had to scratch that itch and last year brought a 1199s
    Enjoy.nearly brought a monster before I brought the 1050 but the salesman was a dick
    Have fun on your monster

19. Welcome to the best Ducati Forum in the known universe

20. Welcome Vinnie. Great choice of bike I've had my 1200 R for nearly 2 years and absolutely love it.
    WP_20180623_007.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information