1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Sunny Greece!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Maniot64, May 30, 2020.

1. Hi all.....I'm a previous Ducati Pantah 500 owner living for 10 years now in Southern Greece...the Pantah was a lovely little bike which I bought new from Slocombes of Neasden in the early eighties. She's long gone alas but DVLC says she still exists but now in Black! Have also owned a 1978 Moto Guzzi Le Mans. Many marques later (15 !) , I look back and think that the two bikes were maybe the most memorable I have owned in some 46 years of motorcycling. Am looking to purchase a nice used 2004 Monster Dark as being a little older now and vertically challenged:pensive: I need something manageable but fun!:p I look forward to contributing to this fine forum. Ducati Pantah 500 during and after Le Mans 24hr trip with Ken Coke copy.jpg

IMG_20200520_192001.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Welcome to the madness dude !

3. Welcome aboard! Why 2004 specifically?

4. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum from a very sunny Surrey

5. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

6. welcome maniot64'

7. Welcome to the forum

8. Greetings!

9. We have sun in the UK as well,:sun:...welcome aboard fella.:upyeah:

10. Thanks Skitz ! Looking forward to it!:p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks Edge.....well, it's a matter of what I can afford at the moment and availability here in Greece. I actually like the earlier carb models too but its finding one in good condition here! Many I see have the 2nd front disc option and 6 gears instead of 5. Also, finding one that has been properly maintained is hard...the one I'm currently looking at appears to be owned by a real enthusiast so fingers crossed!

12. welcome - Greece is a lovely place to live :upyeah:and the weather must be wonderful

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Wicked! ...and so true! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Welcome Maniot64. I wish you find your bike the soonest. Let us know where you live and next time we'll be around, we 'll drop a message to meet, have a coffee and chit chat.

15. Welcome chap, peugeot 504 gl on the first picture?

16. Not a clue noobie! It was 1982 if thats any help. Was over at Le Mans for the 24hr endurance races. It was the year a pretty much stock Pantah came in 6th place! I of course was well chuffed!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome along

18. Welcome and enjoy

19. Great idea Stelbo!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information