1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Sunny Greece!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Maniot64, May 30, 2020.

1. The 602 ie I'm looking at.....25k miles...

24065072_0_b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome from sunny England.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It really IS sunny innit?:cool::p

4. Bin picture required in the background. It's the rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome. The only bike site where all have the same surname. Sort of Waltons mountain on wheels:)

6. Is that just the rule for Monsters cos bits drop off or does it refer to poor photographic skills of certain members?;);):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Like inbred? Ducati style? ;)

8. This forum was once described as a dysfunctional family. My response was it is indeed a family, where cousins marry.
    Everyone photographs with a bin in the background. Different colours types etc. Become a sort of rule. Bits don't fall of Ducati's, they are ultra reliable well built machines some do over 200 miles between rebuilds!:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Well if I buy it I'll take it straight up the road here to the blue (it is Greece) bins and resubmit a snap to fall in line!:cool:

On the other hand I might buy this fine trusty 1983 steed instead...its a difficult decision esp with the Ducati rebuild issue:p.....seriously, which do I choose?

7131285_2_b.jpg

10. Many thanks....and for the links....

11. Welcome. I bet you wish that you still had the Pantah. No! I wish that I had it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. V50 was a superb middle weight in the day. Low seat height and pretty reliable. It's Italian and red and sought after as a classic, prices on the up. Soon be tax and MOT exempt in the UK. Sold well to the ladies. You need to ride them back to back, totally different animals.

13. Sure do....have seen one here in Athens....he wants some 12k Euros for it.....hence considering the 620 ie....similar engine brings back happy memories! (without the carbs!)

14. For sure...I have an idea having had the previous Lemon/Pantah ownership but yes, nothing like a comparison back to back... both are relatively easy for basic home maintenance but getting spares for the V50 now is getting harder. Being vertically challenged these days is why I'm considering both bikes. Many Guzzis/Ducatis are on historic plates here and pay no road tax....have no MOTs and no insurance in the normal sense.....they are registered with a FIVA related body here who vet machines mechanically, charge a small fee for 5 yrs membership and provide cheap insurance. All plates and docs go back to the equivalent of the DVLC and you get a special historic FIVA plate. Trouble is, you can only ride it to organised rallies which you must attend and only ride one Sunday And Wednesday a month plus any visits to the designated mechanic......its a difficult process but works for many who dont ride much anyway. That Monza well sorted and under 3k euros by the way....

#34 Maniot64, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  15. Welcome!

16. great pictures!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks Matt!

18. Hi Sunny Greek from sunny UK

You forgot your bin picture we like them and it makes me happy :)

Welcome into our mad house

19. Hi bird.......siga saga (slowly slowly) as we say in Greece......bin pic on way ASAP...:)... have had major holdup on handover as here in Greece transfers of ownership are done physically not by post so appointments with DVLC necessary post COVID.....real bummer as u can imagine! Next week now....I want to make you happy as larry!:blush:

#39 Maniot64, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Oooo yes please I will await said bins :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information