1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by evoarrow, Sep 14, 2017.

1. I know what you mean. I don't commute on bikes any more but I used to. When you find a bike that works for you it becomes like a favourite pair of slippers. Doesn't matter what it looks like or how well it goes, just that it's competent and dependable.

Don't know that the Superduke is any taller than any other supernaked. Feels much the same as the Streetfighter but with a more relaxed riding position, but the 1190 is tall. I'm 6' and I'm on tip-toe with the seat in the highest position, which is where I need it for legroom. It feels taller than a 1200 GS and when loaded I have to put it on the centrestand and climb aboard on the footpegs. On the plus side its got stacks of ground clearance so you can really sling it on its ear.

Haven't ridden the MTS yet. Booked a test ride on a Yamaha open day earlier in the year but the weather was shit on the day. Its probably the only I/L four engine that interests me but I wish the bike looked less cartoonish.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Commuting on a bike is more a necessity, I wouldn't say it's enjoyable. I filter and you know the risks that brings. But I've seen a fair number of rear end collisions to believe it's worth the risk. Winter can be a miserable time. Worst part, filtering on the dirty part of the road, I've had about 5 punctures in 2 years. Where do all these nails and screws come from!

I get the KTM, dealer is only down the road, it's the height of them that get me. Sat on the mini multi and it was fine. I will be on the gs for another year and will decide what to do. I was Very tempted to try the new husky enduro, but I was talked out of it. I love the look of them, but might be hard to live with and don't know anyone that has one to get their thoughts.

3. 701 Husky definitely wouldn't be my choice as a commuter bike. Tiny fuel tank, tiny lights, little road presence and far too uncomfortable (apparently the seat is very slidey and most people get aftermarket covers). Expensive too for something with such a narrow focus, and with some expensive cycle parts. A bit of green lane mud which gets washed off when you get home is one thing but I don't think I'd want to subject a bike like that to a full winter of salt and road grime.

Superb toy but too good, too expensive and too single-minded for mere transport. Couple of people on the KTM forum have got them.

74 bhp and 50 lb/ft of torque from a single that weighs about as much as a child's bicycle is tickety boo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Great points you made there. Yep was the 701. Would be a cracking toy for a spin out but as you say, not for daily mileage.

5. @evoarrow - refresh my memory please. Why did you want your account deleting before? I've slept since then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Don't remember, do you want me to leave again? ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Lol palm face

Yeh I left because of palm faces:)

I was never off the site, and needed to concentrate on other things.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  8. Going to be some wrecking in 2018 40E25EC9-B7D0-44FC-8490-36BF63D5880D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've seen that face in front of a Thomas the Tank engine. sure of it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Sexy eh :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Your tiny!! You would fit in my pocket :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. More of a short arse. Yeh I’m always the short one in a group photo lol

Ya still smiling kiddo ? X

13. Gotta keep smiling :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. 850AD55D-C346-4D27-ACD8-2C1A233D1529.jpeg Disaster of a day, spent more time lifting the bike than on it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. beats going to the Gym all day long:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yeh, still aching

17. Keep riding while you can:)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information