1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by the.dunnster, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hi,

Been lurking for a number of weeks and have just paid up so I thought I’d introduce myself.

Me and one of my mates bought new multi S’s this summer for a week long European trip. Bikes were brilliant, trip was amazing and so glad I’ve finally got a Ducati. Although I always wanted a 916 but never managed to get one.

Been biking for 20 years or so and moved on from sports bikes and road riding about 7 years ago when kids came along. Garage currently has the duke, 350LC, husky te310, gsxr600 track bike (selling at start of next season) and an xt project bike.

Granted the multi is not the most pleasing bike on the eye but it’s such a great bike to ride and so much fun. Was about to buy a triumph but test rode the duke after riding the triumph and that was it. Mrs is Italian and so it made the explaining somewhat easier.

Love the banter, humour, projects, advice and info on this forum. Best forum I’ve seen in years.

I’ll post a pic but alas it was taken before I knew about the bin fetish, sorry rule. Will have to follow up with one of those another time.

All the best.

Andy

6C7DAF6E-72E0-4ED7-A13F-BCC8F02DC563.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. "If it's a boy they're gonna name him Rodney, after Dave."???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome aboard

6. Welcome Andy and loving your back garden view;):upyeah:

7. Welcome Andy and it’s a nice garage of vehicles you have.

8. Welcome and enjoy!

9. Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

To el Toro....

EC7EE4DD-C2A8-4A90-B031-7825450C42FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. 16A97114-2AAC-4C51-BE22-394C69947FDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome along and enjoy the ride.

13. Don’t forget your bins it’s been two days I don’t like being kept waiting :D

Welcome into the mad house

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fook the Ducati - stick pics up of yer Elsie :p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hi wrought iron Ron. Quick history of the LC rebuild and hopefully some pics if the upload works ok.

BTW, love your LC, it looks mint - really tidy and the RGV (yes?) suspension and brakes must make all the difference....

Mine was an Ebay purchase to relive what I would have bought back in the day had I not had a bad accident ...... Bike was KR and a runner being used as a commuter and wanted to go complete standard as if it had just rolled out of the showroom but couldn't find pipes at reasonable prices so went for what I would have had back in the day and got some allspeeds and a nice guiliari seat. Almost all new bolts, nuts, new panels, clock covers, brakes, bearings and bushes, fork stanchions and springs, hagon rear shock, vapour blasting, PJ5 engine paint, etc. etc.

Got it running and rode it for a couple of years. Subsequently got a bob fanham stage 3 tune but its sat unused for a couple of years when i became a dad. Going to refresh it this winter and do the bits that were bugging me that weren't 100% on the rebuild.

Cheers,

Andy

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Not useful I accept but after I lightly crashed my 350 back in the day I bought OEM replacement pipes from a place on the South Circular for £18 a side (only one side was damaged but at that price, even then, I thought why not). I think there was an issue due to cracking near the head and there seemed to be a flood of replacements from Yamaha kicking around as so many bikes had either put on expansion chambers or been written off.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

17. And with a bin......

ducati and bin.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. That will do for now
    I’m watching you :eyes:

19. Finally managed to get the bike out the garage and a pic with a bin (non recycling if that counts) + for bonus points with my mates bike also. Had I been a bit less sluggish I could have even got the bin lorry and bin persons in the pic. For the purists the food recycling bin is hidden behind the rear wheel of the bike on the left. Didn’t want you getting over excited with two bikes and two bins.

88603E90-338F-452A-8659-48908AC9B305.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information