1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Dansrockin, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hi all! Just introducing myself! My name is Dan, and I've just bought my first Ducati! It's a 2002 ST4s in iron grey, and to be quite honest, I'm really loving it!
    I swapped it for a 2005 triumph Daytona 955i that was in mint condition, and while people told me o was mad, I think I made the right decision.
    This bike has done 53k miles, but has been well looked after, there's lots of paperwork with the bike. The last cambelt change was just under 3 years ago, but in that time, it's done 100 miles! I'm going to have a go at the belts myself when I service it, as it doesn't look that complicated from the videos I've watched. Although I think I'll be leaving the valve check to a professional!
    The bike itself is fairly good all round, bodywork is all pretty straight and scratch free, although a quick peek through the gaps showed a very manky looking engine! It's flaking all over, and looks really rough, but from what I've read, it seems to be a curse of Ducati's. I've already had to sort a couple of bits, both brake switches were dead, the chain and sprockets looked like they'd actually covered most of the 53k, and the hydraulic fluid in brakes and clutch looked like chocolate milkshake! However, I've replaced the fluids, and the brakes are now fantastic, and the gearbox will actually go into neutral now! I went up to a 42 rear sprocket and it pulls quite well! Brake lights also work, along with the heated grips that were fitted but not working, and I've replaced the front brake MC lid as that was really rough. It's got a Sargent seat, and I have to be honest I'm finding the bike really good to ride.
    I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as I'm getting to grips with the bike!
    I'm from Banbury in Oxfordshire.

20180926_152713.jpg

Screenshot_20180926-134828_Facebook.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Rockin' Dan :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. welcome dan

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome aboard Dan and enjoy the ride. I am.

• Like Like x 1
  5. welcome and enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome Dan to the forum and Oxfordshire very lovely indeed:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks all! Xh558, I take it youre a Vulcan fan?

9. Dan, Dan Dan.....
    welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes that's me:upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome into the mad house Dan

Red is best I will forgive you if you post you BINS!!!! we like them it’s a forum law :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hello.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. :thinkingface:

star_trek_tv_spock_3_copy_-_h_2018.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. 1132babbdff06fa9118836c50ed9147a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Me too! My favourite plane!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pah! This is mine :eyes:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. And this is a copy of mine a very sweet little mover indeed had it thirty years now Record-No-060-12-Block-Plane-11.jpg :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Is she the lovechild of Spock and Nicola Sturgeon? o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information