1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Camera

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wayne58, Apr 4, 2017.

1. I was totally wrong regarding phone linking. Just downloaded the Drift app for my Stealth. Will see next week how that works.
    The lens has a white mark on the top so as long as that is at the 12 o’clock position when it’s on your lid the image will be fine. A simple check in the mirror before you go out/ ride off is all that’s needed.

2. Can you tell me where I can find information on these "few cases"?

3. Thanks for your video @Heedful
    I found it very useful, especially the tip about the 3M stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Now you folks have had a while to try them out, would you recommend them???

do they record constantly or record in segments like a dash cam???

when the memory card is full does it stop recording or delete older recordings???

they have the ghost 4K now

5. My Stealth loop records. Been using it for years now. Still works fine. Run lead out of it to battery tank so 5 hrs plus of video looping.

6. He played the mouth organ at the same time as taking pictures?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you have a lead in the socket it makes it even less waterproof than it already is

8. Apparently he was also very good at playing another instrument with his feet:upyeah:

9. I have an open back a guy on the GS Forum 3D prints. My cable goes in through that. Dab of glue around the socket hole and it’s fine. Many many hours in the rain and NO issues.

10. I used a Drift Ghost and I really liked the separate remote control unit (they seem to have stopped making these though).

I set the camera up in different ways, I use a ram mount on the bars, or their suction cup one on the fairing side for a lower angle. Quality is good but the sound is poor.

I set the camera on 'loop', start recording and then use the remote to 'save' clips. The advantage of this is it saves 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after the press. If you come down a great bit of road you can simply press the button when you get a moment. Also makes it easier for editing.

This was taken with the Drift (the one with the speed was done by another rider with a Garmin)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information