1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet Windscreen Wiper

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by PeterT, May 20, 2019.

1. Kickstarter launches on 27th,...I will post the ridiculous sum they are requesting.

2. He has his sun visor down in the rain :scream: no wonder it’s dangerous driving in the rain

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. How I laugh, they want £120+ for this kit. Although I do like the wireless button activation system,...might have to delve in!! lol

Kickstarter campaign

4. I love how this story has worked out,....they were 'OFFERING' 50% off and the price was still £120+ for this kit or £150 with wireless button.

But the saga has ended (got emailed this)

Hello dear sir/madam,

First of all, we would like to thank each and every backer who gave us support for this Kickstarter Campaign. Thank you so much.

We got really enormous positive feedback from our potential backers from almost every country you can think of. All the shares and likes on our Facebook page shows excitement about WiPEY. We get a ton of emails with a business proposal, daily. WiPEY got covered by numerous media worldwide - and this was all non paid advertisement.

WiPEY is really a hot topic in the moto industry because it is something really unique and not just an improvement of something that already exists on the market.

The Kickstarter Campaign is a completely different story. The problem is not the product, the WiPEY but the price. Kickstarter should be there to give creative projects a "kick start", right? We also think so, that’s why we needed a kick start, to give our backers the best possible product. Why were we collecting funds anyway? To start a production which requires special expensive injection tooling, large order quantities of electronic parts, Bluetooth modules, special developed micro-sized servo motors and a bunch of other stuff.

WiPEY looks like a nice toy but it really is a clever tiny safety gadget for bikers and the build quality is way better than the quality needed to manufacture a cheap toy. Every component is carefully designed to ensure the best possible performance in the extreme conditions the rider can expect in the rainy ride. It is Made in EU. We set WiPEY price to the level we consider to be fair. It looks we were aiming too high for a Kickstarter campaign.

To get to the point. Probably all of us can agree, there is no point on going on with Kickstarter campaign because neither you dear backers and potential backers nor us creators are very excited about it so much as before. That is why we are canceling the WiPEY Kickstarter Campaign.

But we also think is, it would really be a shame for this project to fail - because WiPEY really is an exceptional piece of kit that many bikers would benefit from.

That’s why we are still bringing the WiPEY to the market, just we will take some time to think things over.

If you are still interested in bringing WiPEY to life, you are more than welcome to leave us a nice comment on our Facebook page or sign up to our mailing list for further updates.

We apologize to our backers and potential backers for the inconvenience, and we are inviting you all to support WiPEY on our next campaign. Your credit cards will not be charged - you will get a full refund.

5. go to china and get it made for a fiver. Problem solved, or they will miss the bus!!

6. These people basically tried to abuse the trust & potential 2nd/3rd generation clients. By pretending they offered a huge discount for early supporters & even then. They estimated that they couldn't get the funding for a single production run. Pure greed to ask for £100+ for this gadget which would be used once in a blue-moon by most bikers.

For some it would be a novelty item kept on a stored favourite helmet as a talking point. I just knew that they'd ask for a sum that was massive.

Makes me wonder about making my chain cleaning helping guttering device..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Unreal,...its the last 24hours people!

So they've dropped the price even further down to a more sensible £79 for the unit. Or £103 for the unit & remote activation attachment for handle bars.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nik Wax Visor Proof :)

9. I think the helmet wiper should be a compulsory fit for all Polite Hi Viz wearers.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information