1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - 916 engine frame numbers

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by FastFred, Dec 27, 2012.

1. id have been willing to have had a punt privately but once it makes the reserve at auction plus the buyers premium etc the numbers get a little rich for me plus theres some open points which are niggly but could quite easily have been resolved with an inspection and chat with an owner that knows what hes selling...not always easy that one with a duc admittedly

2. Reserve is Bottom Estimate - as they are with all auctions now.
    As I said - if I don't get bottom estimate I'll break it.

3. Are you sure you have a reserve set - did you stipulate? I have heard many disgruntled tales of people selling through Bonham's not relapsing there is no reserve. Bottom estimate is not reserve - not on any TV auction programs that I watch?
    You will struggle to get £8K back if breaking as you lose the kudos of it being a 1994 bike :worried:

4. I need it gone and I'd rather get some cash back for it.
    It's just taking up space in the garage now and spare wheels, books, tools, covers yada yada yada
    I just want it gone

5. Out of interest - do you get a fee if it doesn't sell?

6. You pay a large up front charge and then nothing else if it fails to sell (if it sells you pay a % of the sale price)

7. If it doesnt sell at auction then id like to buy it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Will you be there on the day to pick up the pieces? I will :innocent:

9. yes sir

10. Might see you there :):upyeah:

11. a lovely 2 stroke takes my fancy... anything you likey?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Uphonism? Feck it, I'm bringing a gun o_O

13. Happy to sell it to you, Sir!

14. normally would be funny but in light of recent events im not laughing

15. great... ill send you PM

16. Bad things happen every day all over the world, so normally it would never be funny then? :neutral:

17. no never ever ever

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. But you said... :confused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information