1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help A Lost Ducati Child

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Samzero, Sep 19, 2020.

1. I’ll definitely check that and take a photo of it as well once I get to the bike.. thanks for the tip sir

2. ??

that's why it gets complicated on a Forum.. The shimming suggested by hypermotbloke was to sort out endfloat on a hub apparently. I can't see clearly enough from your brief video but the play you demonstrated when moving rear sprocket side to side shows play in a rubber cush drive (as already said) and no amount of shimming as described will get rid of this. A new sprocket and new cushdrives will, but it could be short-lived (as said).

3. What you mean it can be short lived?

4. I was told by previous owner that the front sprocket had been replaced for better torque application. I think at very low speed the motorcycle rides like a kangaroo. Hops too much if I didn’t regulate the clutch smoothly. Do you think going stock front and increased teeth rear will help with that?

5. I wanted to change the final drive ratio to ensure the revs are between 3500 and 5000 at the road speeds I ride at. To achieve this (and I'm very happy with the results) I changed the front sprocket from 15t to 14t. It cost about £15, needed no changes to the existing chain. The rear sprocket remains at 43t( I think?? I certainly didn't modify that.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. here's a pretty bad one:-

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also, what is a better solution in general? Because it seems that even after getting new hardware, it would still have a chance to “play” which going to make to be remain a concern.

9. is that a Hypermotard?

10. I’ve made a decision and went for a set of some polyurethane ones. Suppose to hold up better compared to OEM. Also lighter which id like to convince myself it’s a bonus. So I’ll try and see results. Has anyone try those?

From there I’ll adjust tension and clean the hell out of everything and then revaluate. Hopefully it’d give me sense of security to ride for a while. Trying to minimize cost per ride ratio.

I’m removing the wheel to replace tire, would that and sitting tension cause any misalignment at the chain and sprockets? Is that even a thing?

11. I actually believe that is the case with my bike as well. I don’t know the difference since I was told that previous owner did that. I’ll confirm his claims when I get going on fixing.

12. Upload that video on YouTube and share the video link in this post.

13. Hello again. I’ve decided to replace the cushions. Now I’m curious for torque specs for 3 things.
    1. The cushion nuts
    2. The axle nut (left side)
    3. The wheel nut (right side)

I couldn’t find anything online and I’ve been looking for manuals for the Hypermotard with no luck.

literally last 3 things got to tighten and that part shall be done

Thank you

85C55F16-F0F1-4995-9D74-DA3D7A06B36E.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

14. I believe the 41mm rear sprocket nut is 156nm the 46mm hub nut 176nm and the sprocket nuts 43nm. That’s what I’ve got written down for my Hyper 939 and 950, yours should be the same I would think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The two rear hub pinch bolts are 31nm as mentioned above.

16. Wow - seeing the first video id say its worn but no where needing to be replaced....as long as theres adjustment for it to be moved back....my advice (would have been) would have to have moved the wheel back with the adjuster until it was in tolerance, got the old wire brush out and given it a damn good scrub (with parafin) and then oiled it. As for the shark teeth...i cant really see them myself (ive seen bikes being ridden with a lot worse - not that thats right either, but demonstrates theres probably some more wear left in there) - depends how much you like spending money :). After all the whole chainset by design and very obviously will wear. I bought a JT quick release carrier over 2 years ago thinking "ill need to change that soon..." but no - its all still fine. Im not going to change it for no reason!

Just for the record id say mine has got about that amount of play and wear and is absolutely fine, but, as above i practice what i preach, give it a scrub once a month or so (more in the winter). I tend to use WD40 to lube it (wipe of the excess) as i tend to service it about once a month...

Before anyone chimes in about using WD40 to clean and lube chains, my RSV4 ive owned for 10 years now (14k on the clock and has just recently had the oem chain removed for a renthal set) - i applied the same care to that chain as soon as i took ownership of the bike and the only reason i changed it was from the chain being stretched and very minimal "shark toothing" and its primary job since ive owned it has been lengthy rideouts and a week at the TT every year since then so its had its fair share of use.

#36 comfysofa, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information