1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I Think I Want To Buy A Gs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, May 25, 2020.

1. Potty mouth.....

2. Dropped my wheels off at holeshot moto in Brive. Getting Conti R A 3 again. No Michelin 5s until June 26th, no Roadsmart 3s, Contis are available though. Should be back on the gs for the weekend. Nothing like scrubbed in new tyres....

3. Although these standard tyres are ‘ok’ I’m probably going to changed sooner than later. I have had a few small rear slides in long turns at speed and low speed, 30 mph turns. And they simply don’t warm up.

4. What tyres are they?

5. Ordered one of these for the seat. Growler mk2! Should be better on long journeys, tried airhawk but I dont like the way they move around in the corners.
    D2D6EC9D-4D63-454D-A6CC-9271ACB92C2A.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Errr, where do I start?
    Growler
    Big black hairy thing
    GS
    Oh dear; too many thoughts wizzing through me brain.
    I’ll leave it to others to post a witty retort :cool:
    Off to self isolate.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Update.
    Seat cover works a treat. No moremelting arse when 30 plus degrees. No sliding around like Airhawk seats.
    Tyres. Ended up with conti 3 again. Last ones were seriously out of shape.
    Fantastic handling again..happy days! 20200624_191515.jpg 20200624_190321.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michelin standard tyres. Anakee?

9. Ah...

yep. Okish when new and its dry.
    They flat off quick and also slide on damp patches. You have already found out the latter.

Change asap for conti RA3, Roadsmart 3 or Michelin road 4/5s.
    I have run the michelin 4s on the last GS, pegs down good but prone to rear punctures. The 5 has a different sype design that should have solved that, though I have not been able to try them out yet, all Michelin Pilot Roads from the 2s onwards have been great performers. Lost count how many times and bikes I have had them fitted on.

Roadsmarts were superb, but needed a bit more warming up if conditions were damp.

Road Attack 3s, I really like!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Do you think the sellers knew about the growler name?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thats how I found the product after a search...honest.

12. I've made my mind up, I'm going to buy one. :motorcycleduc:

Hopefully I can find one sooner rather than later. :eyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  13. Will you be putting fluorescent pipe cleaners on the spokes to keep them polished? :thinkingface:

14. Too late...

15. You’ll be joined the ukgser forum next ;)

16. What a cracking idea. :thinkingface:

They would keep the wheel stickers clean too I suppose, double bonus. :upyeah:

17. I don't need those losers. I'll pop out in the morn' to see what's about. I should have one by tea time, they seem quite popular. :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. you sure you were looking for a furry seat cover when you typed growler into the guggle ?:thinkingface::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Right, I'm going to have a look today to see if I can find one. :eyes:

There are plenty about, but where to look? Germany is the obvious choice, but too far away for a day trip. :thinkingface: I know, Scotland, they like adventure bikes up there. Won't be long, wish me luck. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information