1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I Think I Want To Buy A Gs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, May 25, 2020.

1. I loved being pillion on the old multi
    Comfy upright easy and fast :D

2. Simple denial.
    CF3DF4D0-3545-4EBD-BF8C-728804BC5CEE.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. I do like your bike Paul.

It really

suits you ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Don’t know what all the fuss is about myself...

2570154B-7264-4171-A75E-A14AE9260F27.jpeg AD60CB8F-71EA-4D74-BA78-6B92E02771D4.jpeg 8F239DBB-E16E-4C95-95CE-1FD702F30285.jpeg 705A46CE-3E70-4800-85A3-545D7C294A06.jpeg 939622F5-B482-44C1-B791-C988F9E994D6.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Great bikes, I loved having one for a day when my s1000 was in for a service. The Multi felt more sporty to me in the same situation, but I’d go GS personally.

I’d love to have a longer commute then I could justify buying one.

6. Go and ride all of them...
    1290 Super Adventure
    1200GS
    1260 Multi

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. If you want one and can afford one then why not. How else will you know if you like being a GS owner. You can always sell it if you dont like it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Beware of the Hun in the sun !

9. I don’t think I could buy a ktm .. and if I did it would probably be the GT weirdly

10. Big Katoom every day of the week for me, over the BM. They still tend to feel a little angry instead of
    pipe and slippers.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. Just go and test ride them.... especially after years of track days you might find the GS too linear.
    GT, although a brilliant bike is not the same league when it comes to long ride comfort.

For me the Multi engine was way to agricultural at slow speeds under 25mph (jerky on/off throttle, lumpy engine) although nice handling and quite comfortable. I gave it back after 70miles.

The GS is probably the best compromise. Plenty of torque very linear, but a bit boring. Despite being 15-20kg heavier than the other 2 bikes it doesn't feel heavier once it’s going. Not so much feedback from the telelever front.
    Also when we my mate took his 1200 GS TE for service there where 2no 1250 GS with major engine problems...

The KTM 1290 SA (not the R model) is better in every single way. More poke, incredibly smooth engine and gearbox, I could not believe how small input it takes to initiate turn.
    Only negative is the seat getting a bit hot above 25C ambient (can be sorted with a mesh cover). After 2 BMW GS's my good mate bought brand new 2020 1290SA for £14750 with all the extras included. (cornering lights, heated seat/grips, luggage, hill hold, blipper, crash bars, semi active suspension)

#71 alexko, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. Weather protection! We only ever wear more than one layer when it's 0 degrees and the heated grips aren't allowed to be turned on until -10. :cold_sweat:

Southern Jessies that you are.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Wash your potty mouth out you dirty dirty boy !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fuel consumption ?!?! WTF, petrol has not been cheaper in ages and your worried about fucking fuel consumption on a bike ?? Who gives a shit ?? I hang my head and cry in despair that day I ride a bike cause it does a zillion Mpg. You had nothing good to say about it other than good on fuel. Well go buy a flaming lecky car then, equal fun to a gs and (say this bit with huge adenoids) really economical !!

16. Yay, at last, someone on here under 300 years old. Well done Sir !! That warrants a love you long time !

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Cause you need to be 120 years old to qualify !! Surely a test ride is easier than buying the big dollop of shite ?? Then you can give it back when you realise your not Ewan McGreedy or Charlie Boreoff, and go buy a fecking proper bike ....

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I never bother with test rides of any bike but I also never buy anything till it is a few years old and has already depreciated substantially. If I want to try something I buy it and if I just don't get on with it I sell it quickly. If I like it I keep it a while. No harm done and what's not to like about buying a bike- pretty much any bike.

19. Ahem, except a GS cause they is for old blokes who can't stop weeing when they have finished...

• Funny Funny x 2

20. Interestingly I have read there’s been a few issues with the 1250 model.. especially the shit Hayes brakes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information