1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I Think I Want To Buy A Gs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, May 25, 2020.

1. There are problems on all bikes. Who would have thought the first picture of the new v4 to be seen would have been this one

[​IMG]

2. Yes, but to be fair, all Pani’s run hot.

3. I can only assume that's some old fart broken down and you've stopped to help him Bladders ?? Cause surely you don't own one of these shit boxes as well as a Coxster ?? Not helping ya self here mate tbh.

4. I was hoping you didn’t see this post Gimp boy!!!!!

5. Lithium battery ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sell this old mans pile of 1930's engine'd garbage, find a bit of strange, give her the good news, drink some Stella/Vodka, and then go buy a proper blokes bike !!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Sorted for you Advikaz.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Front Sprocket :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I did, Multistrada won the day.....easy

10. I tested one out, it felt like I had to cane it, much nicer on a Multisrada

11. Cool as fuck, young, fast, stylish benders is what he means Adi !!

12. Looks like Brad and Flea are into the GS scene.

AEDB2C3C-7D18-4415-BC74-9AAF54DA87A0.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, Brad's stood there taking the piss out the poor old tractor boy. If you lip read, Pitt is telling him to sell that Stasi pile of shit and buy a fecking proper bike that makes him look less like a fucked up old coffin dodger :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I’m on my second, as some on here know.

Last six bikes, in order:

Gsxr 1000k8
    2013 Multistrada 1200
    S1000r
    2013 R1200gs
    2016 KTM1290 gt
    2017 R1200gs rallye

The Ducati engine was peach, the package flawed with poor build quality and materials, along with high speed handling issues.
    S1000r blistering quick on smooth roads.
    Later KTM gt supposed to be much improved, it needs to be. Mine had too many flaws.
    R1200gs..best allround package. Quick. Comfy.
    Mrs on back of the multi, German autobahn, 90mph and couldnt hear on intercom plus windblast.
    GS at 120, can you hear me? Yes, why? Lol

Mpg, laughed at the 400 mile remark..must be the bigger tanked (tank) adventure version. Warning light will come on between 130 and 200 miles depends who your riding with on the standard gs. o_O

I haven't tried the 1250, no doubt improved performance, no shortage of go with the 1200.

A late 1200 with the new dash would be my choice as the analogue/digi dash is bit old school. All the info is there the the tft is an improvement. Would also buy from a dealer for the BM warranty.
    2017 on will have improved gear change due to a transmission revision, which also improves quickshifter operation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. I’ve reread this as found it interesting.

Then I’ve had to give myself a strict talking to as I’m only approaching my 6th decade.

o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Well done sir, another 30 years before you need to re read again. :upyeah::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. looks like Dom Cummings has a GS too

18. Tbf your only travel about 20 miles to OYB so don’t need anything that goes that far :p

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. I hope its the standard GS. Adv too big.
    Switch everything to dynamic, get an extended ride, gas it down your favourite back roads as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. You might get up to 30 or even 35 mph, so take it easy Adi. :upyeah::D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information