1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help My Hypermotard 1100s Keeps Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Hugh Willmer, Jul 25, 2014.

1. prob up by battery fuse box area you know it is working as it starts check condition of connections and change anyway could be a winding breaking down inside. think mine from ducati where only 4squid some times its cheaper to replace than diagnose.

2. Right changed the battery and went to ride round my daughters for a tea but got 5 miles down the road and it cut out again. This time it wouldn't start, when the starter button was pressed it was dead. Got to the corner of my road and tried it again and she fired up. 20 Metres from my house died again. At least it's getting worse and might be easier to fathom out what's wrong.

3. why battery? relays, t.d.c/rpm sensor, check connections and fuse connections.

4. Right all fuses checked fuel relay checked and working ,earth checked don't think it's the tdc sensor as the engine doesn't turn over sometimes when the fault occurs and think it would ?

5. agree. possibly just coincidence tho. do you loos dash lights does the clock need reset when fault occurs?

6. Loose all dash lights apart from the oil light and low fuel light, tank is full. Head light stays on.

7. see when you pull out injection relay do you get same symptoms on dash?
    on engine ecu there is an earth lead is it clean and tight.

8. Right there are 2 relays in a connector that are the same size ,one seems to be for the fuel pump but what does the other one do?

9. engine ecu i think. don't quote me what happens/stops working when you pull it out.

10. With them plugged in one way the fuel pump primes and starts ok , if I swap them around the fuel pump doesn't prime and the bike doesn't start. If I take the one that won't prime the fuel pump everything still seams fine. Need to find out what this one does

11. By the way finm thanks for the superquick replies your a star

12. if there both the same 20/30 amp relay dont understand that. does your horn work?
    no prob by the way. i really should be out working on mine. :upyeah:

13. Looks like the other one does the front lights

14. change them anyway and keep the others on you when out.

15. Just need to source some now thank you for your help

16. no prob i will keep pondering. keep us posted.

17. Just ordered a couple of relays from Pro twins so should be with me by Wednesday

• Like Like x 1
  18. They are generic relays - could have got them over the counter from any motor factors or even Halfords for a couple of quid each. But wise to change them every couple of years as they are only mechanical switches and do break!

19. Pretty sure they don't have them, mine certainly doesn't, and it's not in the wiring diagram either.

#40 antonye, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
Do Not Sell My Personal Information