1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed Ref 888 Rear Sets

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by farmster, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Hi everyone
    Need help / advice
    I have big hoofs size 11....
    12 ! With my boots on
    So here’s the Dilemma I can’t get my feet on the footrests & change gear !
    Only with my trainers on.
    I’m taking it to the TT with the 1199 this year in the van so time is getting time.
    My bike has “Ergal” rearsets. I believe
    I need to move them back 2 inches
    I need some adapter plates
    Searched the net been on 851/888 forum
    I think the hole centres on the frame
    (Footrest mounts) are the same as a 900 ss ???
    Ideas

A084B74F-28D8-47E0-8492-70A319BCE879.jpeg

471BA533-64FD-4B08-A79A-641942456105.jpeg

2. Can we please play cinderella on the boot size,as mine would fit your pegs;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. They need to move back about 2 inches Jackie the foot peg is concentric
    But the gear lever doesn’t move
    I think I might have to commission some adapter blocks

4. Don't Valter Moto do "jackup plates" which, if you reverse them, become "jackdown plates"? Don't know if they'll fit the 888 frame though.

5. Maybe this is a stupid question but is it just the foot pegs you want moving back and the gear lever etc stay where they are to give more room to get your foot below lever or is it the whole rear set you want back?

6. The footrest & the gear lever work on the same spigot Jackie
    What happens is my toes hit the fairing

7. Message Steve R or Ducati Dad. They will have the answer

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you

9. That's what I thought. Just 2 plates you need then. Had a quick look online earlier but not seen any that would do. Hopefully one of the other guys will come back with something. These bloody 888's are small. I'm not big by no means and I find it really cramped. Good luck on getting something sorted mate

10. hole centres are the same as the SS, but you'll have the same issues as the levers all sit and operate on the same spigot as the peg.

The only difference is of you go OEM which places the spigot ahead of the peg, but the relative lengths are the same.
    You need plates to move them rearward in the horizontal axis as otherwise you'll go and lift them even more, and 888's are cramped enough as it is.

find a local machine shop and ask them to make some for you or laser cut them from thick ally.
    The only other thing you'll need then is a longer tie rod for the gear selector, which of you ebay R1 gear rod you'll find some nice cheap enough items in various lengths.

or you give him your existing ones and get him to remake them so that the fall in the same angles as the mounting plates - your ones mount and come straight down rather than angle back on the rear edge.

This will give you a translation of approx 25mm rearwards like I did on my SS rearsets. I then got an appropriate length tie rod from Mcgills motorsport.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. There is a thread on this very subject over on the Ducati 851 and 888 site:

12. They are done now
    And I’m happy off to the TT tomorrow

BE23CF2D-39C4-4B2C-A225-ACEB6F922783.jpeg

FFB862A1-E967-46BC-84A4-2D606B63DB47.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information