1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, Pot Hole Damage

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by DD DucDave, Apr 16, 2018.

1. So which Council is responsible for the road with the pothole? Surely they must have a website?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Can't be that hard considering the amount involved :thinkingface:

3. Had a similar situation.with my car which.at the time was a Ftype Jag I hit a road gully were the grating.was missing it.smashed the wheel ruined the tyre and bent the suspension. I took pictures and measurement luckily a gentleman in an adjacent house had.a list of dates and times he had reported it to highways plus the name of the person he had.spoken to, the highways had been aware of it for.4 weeks
    Sent all the paperwork to highways with an letter had a couple of phone calls and a letter denying responsibility the threat of legal proceedings they settled out of.court

4. @Nick76344 why the disagree? It happened and has been fine since

5. Stroud is the same, I searched for an hour on their site, sent emails to their highways division (no response) and made a couple of calls, the impossible dream...

6. As soon as they deny it, which most do, just go straight to the small claims court, very easy to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Such is the beauty of local authority “channel shift” they get to not speak to people, it’s too expensive.

Just find their complaints/comments/compliments portal and log it as a complaint, there are then set timescales within which they must respond, chase two times, and if they still don’t do what they say they will do, escalate to ombudsman.

8. The only way to make councils fix the problem is to make it very expensive for them not to fix the problem so everybody affected must (should make the effort to) force them to pay. Besides some of these potholes could kill a fellow rider

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Or vote em out on the 3rd. Tell your next doorstepper about the damage to bikes/health/cars, and how you don’t get responses. If enough people complain/mention/delay campaigning it will become a topic.

10. As people have said here Maidstone motoliner. When working for a motorcycle repair company we sent many wheels to them, and they supplied a first class service always. Very professional.

11. Thanks @Borgo Panigale and others. It's taken a while but managed to find who to speak to in what department,filled out the forms,taken photos armed with tape measure and sent off claim form. Just hope i get it sorted before the sun comes back out

• Like Like x 2
  12. Try and keep everything to email, text or letter. Phone calls are a nightmare to prove if you go to a small claims court. Good luck

13. Good point. So if you do make phone calls keep a precise, detailed and contemporaneous note of whom you spoke to, when, and what was said.

14. Send them an invoice for a replacement wheel, include all costs, expenses etc and include all evidence, photos etc, if they don't pay, small claims, less than 100quid to submit a claim.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Make certain you photocopy everything before you send it !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information