1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Suspension Problem's

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cosss, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Hi
    So I have noticed that the cable ties that I put on the front fork legs are bottoming out fully compressed after a ride
    Not good I through so played with front preloaded and could not get any difference.
    On the same road, same ish speed and braking.the front bottoms out on either the preloaded fully in or turned full out .it makes no differences to the fork travel.
    Even on standard setting of 7 turns out
    Is this Right.or am I missing something
    Oh I this was without wheeling

2. Be useful to the people here to mention what bike, yr etc. :)

3. Its a 2017 sss
    Never mentioned it.because I thought suspension problems were not bike specific

4. The cable tie is quite tight and not just sliding down the leg?

It’s not a preload thing, its a compression and rebound thing. preload just puts you in the range: if the sporting is too light, unlikely you can dial out with red/comp settings. If it was an old bike, check the oil would be the first thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nope that's what i hought cable ties just snugg

6. Is your bike a base model or an S?
    I have a base model with the Marzocchi forks. With the factory preload setting a cable tie was moving down to about 10mm from the bottom. I wound the preload adjusters in one turn and now have about 15mm travel left. I'm around 100kg kitted up.
    The S model with õhlins seems to be lighter sprung and a few riders on the ducatsupersport939 forum are fitting heavier springs although they are about my weight.

7. Add a bit more oil. The smaller the air gap the faster the damping rate will ramp up in the last 1/3 travel. Might only take 5mm or so to make a difference. Assuming they had the right amount from the factory which isn't a given.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes its the s model
    So you wound yours in one turn and got 5mm.I went from 7 to 15 and nothing
    I am a skinny sod 70kg with kit

9. Wouldn't have a clue as to where to start with that

10. Something isn't right. Maybe you should have your dealer check it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. If it's bottoming while riding only on smooth roads check spring rate for your weight and compression damping.

If it's only happening on bumpy roads then it's rebound related and might be solved with les damping.

TB

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Good point. Too much rebound damping can cause the forks to ratchet down if they are being compressed again quicker than they can recover.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information