1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! This Seems Wrong.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gmoss, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Got a NIP from a motorway gantry, offence dated 15 Aug 10/08/18, sent back form at the time and within time limit. held my hands up. Got letter back 06/09/18 say going too fast for fixed penalty and would here in due course re summons. Received 'single justice procedure' through post on 18th April 2019, yes, this past week, saying I must reply with on 21 days of posting, however it was posted 26 March but I've it just received it. Wtf. Haven't 6 months gone by any way? Any advice would be amazing. Ta. X

2. You may find some useful information on this webpage http://www.counsel.direct/news/2016/6/14/single-justice-procedure-notice#header

According to them “A Written Charge and Single Justice Procedure Notice must be issued "at the same time" and within 6 months of the index offence. The day of the offence is excluded from the calculation. Some police authorities are failing to adhere to the rules and proceedings are sometimes discontinued where this is the case. The court has no jurisdiction to hear a case commenced outside of the statutory time limit.

3. Dont spose you know what the term ' index offence' date might be. Posted date?

4. Or perhaps the 6th Sept 2018 when the letter said couldn't get fixed penalty and had to go to court?

5. The index offence is the crime that has been committed. So the date of the index offence is just the date the criminal offence took place.

6. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information