1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Wanted For Badly Misfiring Bike!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by laava, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ok this is just a quick one regarding throttle bodies being synced. My balance bar that connects to the throttle bodies was bent, certainly not straight which could have resulted in my rough running. I found this out when I replaced my throttle cables last week, no idea how it got bent but effectively it shortened the distance between the throttle bodies , I straightened it and checked that both throttles were synced by eye.

2. DVT employs separate throttle bodies, linked only by electronics Peter. Each has a separate TPS, valve motor and idle control...... This is were the 'net starts to get confusing. The DVT is a very different animal.

3. I had this on a bike loaned to me by the Factory!
    It was coughing and spitting and felt like it was dropping onto one cylinder. It would sometimes be ok then cut out then be ok, but was constantly doing it.
    It turned out that it was the HT lead to the front cylinder!

4. hang on ill just pick that up for you....:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. To be fair it cost me over a grand for the ten days, but that was nothing in comparison to the money lost for not working for all that time :p

6. It was great fun at Misano...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. So.... they didn't loan you a bike, you paid for it......like all the other plebs?
    Fook sake, didn't they know who you are?

8. Yes they did loan me a bike, as part of a ten day package, that I paid for out of my own pocket.

I didn't say that I got it free!

I can see why you struggled with the writing on the side of a bus now Andy! :joy:

9. So I emailed to enquire about getting a TPS done and then had a call to tell me how much etc. I asked if it was actually able to be done and the lady was unable to answer me definitively other than to say that their mechanic said it was able to be done but "why would you want to do it?" Anyway, I am off for 6weeks now on holiday so have to leave it all until I return...

10. If time permits, or if they collect, perhaps now’s the time to take it to them? Just think it’ll be fixed and ready for you when you return :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Don’t know if this helps but i had the same symptoms on my 848, it turned out to be an oil leak that had put oil into the plug tube and was causing the plug to short out. Funnily enough though the bike had been in for a major service and valve clearance check around 500 miles previous to the problem starting. My local dealer sorted it with a new plug and cleared the oil.

12. No, it's gonna have to wait unfortuneately, but I like the way you think!

My problem is an electronic one it seems, def not an oil leak but possibly related to HT leads or coils. The fact it idles after a few failed attempts and only does it up to but never over 4k rpm sounds like electrickery to me. Am hopeful a TPS might fix it....after that, who knows!

13. Ship it over to me and i'll have it all fixed by the time you get back from Holidays.

14. What's your address Pete?

15. Oil Drum Lane
    Shepherd's Bush
    London

16. Just got an email reply from Tuneboy Australia, he said that he reckons the cam timing out by one tooth would cause the problems I am having and another possibility is that the injector plugs could have been mixed up, it will still run but poorly. He said he has seen that happen on three different Panigales.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Great, simple fix then.:upyeah:

18. Are you running Tuneboy>

19. Yes, would be great if it turns out to be as simple as that, and no, I am not running tuneboy. He has not cracked the Bosch unit yet.

20. ok I am sure he will soon no doubt, I hope it's a simple fix for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information