1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Potential Purchase

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by 900theginge, Aug 4, 2022.

1. I really appreciate your expertise and comments, it really does help with the decision making. Particularly when the bike is (again) 350 miles away so viewing is either impossible or extremely intrusive on precious weekends. To me, drilling into the swing arm is just nuts. And, like most on the forum, I do love originality.

Thanks again

2. No worries at all, don't mean to put a damperener on it, just to give you ammunition and knowledge prior to purchase. It's certainly not original enough to justify a high price

• Like Like x 1
  3. how about this one? looks like Japanese import, nothing to fear there, not completely standard, carbon sil-moto cans etc.
    If it's of some interest I could look it over for you, it's not far from here. (for the avoidence of doubt I have no connection with sale / seller)
    1996 Ducati 900SS | eBay

4. That looks a lot nicer. And everyone knows that Sils are the best

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ^^^^
    This ones second time around on eBay,

6. Thank you so much for looking and offering to go and view, greatly appreciated. Not too sure on this one though. It looks a bit grubby to me with corroded front discs, tatty forks and missing that lug above the headlight.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ^^^^
    That was sold at auction for about £4785 and was up for around £5995 on ebay for about 12 months just dropped to the price it is now 2 months ago ? i was on google looking at 900ss and this came up a while ago.

Looks very pretty and in good condition could be a deal to be had as been sitting in the showroom a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. High Mileage ? its 25years old its barely covered 1500 miles PA !!! In what universe is that high mileage?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rob, PM sent

• Like Like x 1
  10. looks like a great bike had time and money spent

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can anyone confirm if that should have the stabilising rod on the back brake of that one? Mines an early over slung

12. Lols, I thought that might be commented on. My 750SS had 6k miles on it so I guess I’m spoilt.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information